What's new
What's new

HELP PLEASE! - Akira Seiki Turret reset?

50BMG DUDE

Cast Iron
Hi Guys,

Need help with our Akira Seiki SL25 Turret. Indexed close to the chuck in manual mode and hit E-stop mid index to prevent a crash. Turret DID NOT Crash. Reset machine and now I'm getting a "turret not ready 1009 Alarm". I powered down, and let sit about 10 min. Restarted, still no joy. Checked the contactors in the amp cabinet, no joy... I'm pretty sure there is a startup button sequence to reset the turret but have no idea what it is? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Chris

Can you turn the turret by hand? There is a good chance that is has not locked in and that is where your turret alarm is coming from. Just phone Akira in the States, I've heard they have decent support there, to ask about the sequence. You probably have to call up T1 and index it by hand to that spot, then clamp the turret and switch off and on again. Or else if you have a manual I am sure it will be in there.

If you don't have a manual when you are on the phone with them ask if you can buy one. Machine Manuals are like gold so it is worth it to invest in them.

Back