What's new
What's new

Help! Siemens 810D control, Z axis "Wait: Axis enable missing"

darron

Plastic
My Hardinge VMC600II uses a Siemens 810D control. To get the machine out of it's previous home, a tech removed the Z axis servo to clear a (very low) bay door. He replaced the servo immediately on clearing the door. That's our guess as to the cause of the problem.

Now, the machine will not home or move the Z axis at all, and the error is "Wait: Axis enable missing". I have a tech out here currently that is very familiar with the Hardinge machines, just not with the Siemens controls. He's checked the Z axis servo connections and everything looks good.

I searched online and found reference to setting a PLC bit, but I'm not finding that currently. Does anyone know Siemens and have any ideas?

this was on a lathe 840c, but whenever I got something like that it was a parts catcher wasn't up all the way, door switch didn't quite catch. sounds like there's a prox switch
thats holding something up, maybe tool changer?

Thanks. We considered that... but the X and Y axes will at least move. So, it'd be strange for a general enable switch to only affect the Z axis.

Ok, got it. The tool changer had moved out of position in the transfer to this shop, which only restricted the Z axis. We got the tool changer back to it's home position and it's fine now. Thanks!

Back