What's new
What's new

Help transfering files - Acramatic A2100 - Arrow 750

Burf86

Plastic
Hello Practical, around about this time last year I started out my CNC adventure with a little Chinese CNC engraver and Mach 3. Well, I've taken a bit of a step up thanks to some crafty ebaying and a big dose of naivety and got my hands on a... well you already know because you read the title.
I have overcome many hurdles (and spent a lot more money than if I had just bought that slightly more expensive one) so far but my latest one is proving difficult as I have ************ all clue what I'm doing.

I am trying to upload G-code files generated from Fusion 360 (10 lines or so, nothing crazy), but not managing to get the control to find any files. I am using these two cables and an adapter between them to connect the machine to my PC, hence the length. After digging a bit deeper I think they might not be the right thing, but the technical information on the subject has me baffled.

The page you requested cannot be found.

https://uk.farnell.com/ftdi/ut232r-5...-bf9f-00001000

I have a trial version of DNC4U and have not managed to complete the configuration setup and the PC is not receiving the file sent from the machine.
I have the USB port the machines comes into labelled as COM1, baud rates match etc. and have also tried just using a USB stick.
It appears the machine does not have the networking feature.

Thanks for any help, especially if it is explained so a five-year-old can understand.
Burf

If there is any connectivity at all, there should be some green lights(not all red) at the bottom of DNC4U, if not change your com port until you have something.

Then use the DNC wizard to help get you started. It will require you to send a file from the machine to the computer. It has worked for me on all of our fanuc and acramatic machines.

I am running BObCad and I fought with file transfer for quite some time, never got it running right, Bob changed around the post processor from 750 and did their thing to no avail. I have the Acaramatic 2100 on the Lancer 2000. Got frustrated with it and since my programs are relatively short, I just put them on a 3.5 floppy and load using the drive in back of the machine. Yes it makes editing a PIA. I just edit the code on the machine 9 times out of ten.
I can look though my notes and see if their anything that might help you if you like,. Have you talked to Fives who now currently support this control?
They are always very helpful.
If I recall correctly the labeling of a USB port as com 1 will not go over well with the control or at least the one I have was designed pre USB and needs all the send request, clear to send, baud rate, stop bit, parity, etc. associated with RS232 com port. I put a a card in my pc to accommodate all this and came up with less than stellar results.
Just pm me and give me a couple days to dig up what notes I have.
Do you the ERD conversion from crt to touch screen on your 2100?

i have no advice about transferring programs with RS232, apart from get a computer with a com port not a USB adaptor (they are very hit and miss)

I THINK all the arrows came with networking unlocked, even if it doesn't you can easily get around it if you are adapt with computers!

if it doesn't have a network card installed I have had great luck with random cheap ISA network cards from eBay.....

I managed to get my hands on an old PC with some RS232 ports on it and have now managed to get a file to transfer. Happy days.

My next hurdle; the code I upload to the machine still has all the Hex included...

I managed to get my hands on an old PC with some RS232 ports on it and have now managed to get a file to transfer. Happy days.

My next hurdle; the code I upload to the machine still has all the Hex included...
Hello, what program did You use to connect machine ? We have System acramatic 2100 it does see pc , but pc doesnt see it , im not good in all that stuff with commercial machines need to understand how other ppl connect them .

Back