What's new
What's new

Hermle C 800 U Questions

Roberth

Plastic
Hello, everyone.
This is my first post around here and I hope I don't ask stupid questions and such...
I'm from Italy and I work in an automotive oriented workshop.
We got ourselves our first 5 axis machine (Hermle C 800 U), and with it, a few questions...
One of these questions is that the C axis (the rotary table that spins around the Z axis) only goes in a positive direction (from 0 to 360 degrees) when programmed (when you Jog it around, it does whatever you want). Now, I don't know if making it go negative aswell (for example -90) was an option back in the day when it was produced but it seems pretty sad if that's the case. If anyone has any knowledge on this matter I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you for taking the time to read and for writing if you do.
Happy machinning!

What control is on it?

Does it have some kind of turning mode (where the C table is treated as the headstock of a lathe?)

Yes, you should expect to be able to go both directions, but machines can have very complicated options.

I'm sorry about not specifying the control. It's an sinumerik 840d.
And no, I don't think it has...the C axis doesn't rotate fast enough to be used as a lathe, unless I'm missing something

try m128, that should force the C axis to rotate in the shortest path. Or it does in standard ISO and Heidenhain. There might also be a parameter somewhere that forces it positive but I don't know seimens

If your Hermle had a turning option it would have MT in its name.

I believe the Caxis when programmed in absolute it will spin clockwise or counterclockwise depending on whichever would have the shortest index.

You could also program it in incremental ( G91 C-1080) to get 3 counter clockwise rotations for whatever reason you wanted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On a Siemens 840D you should be able to program a rotary axis any direction.

<rotary axis> = Identifier of rotary axis (A,B,C etc.)

<rotary axis>=DC(<value>) = Rotary axis direct approach (shortest direction)
<rotary axis>=ACP(<value>)= Rotary axis positive approach (clockwise)
<rotary axis>=ACN(<value>)= Rotary axis negative approach (counter clockwise)

For example:

G0 C=DC(90.) = The C-axis approaches the programmed position in the shortest direction.
G0 C=ACP(90.) = The C-axis approaches the programmed position in the positive direction.
G0 C=ACN(90.) = The C-axis approaches the programmed position in the negative direction.

G0 C90. = The C-axis approaches the programmed position in the direction set by machine parameters, could be any of the above, I think.

On a Siemens 840D you should be able to program a rotary axis any direction.

<rotary axis> = Identifier of rotary axis (A,B,C etc.)

<rotary axis>=DC(<value>) = Rotary axis direct approach (shortest direction)
<rotary axis>=ACP(<value>)= Rotary axis positive approach (clockwise)
<rotary axis>=ACN(<value>)= Rotary axis negative approach (counter clockwise)

For example:

G0 C=DC(90.) = The C-axis approaches the programmed position in the shortest direction.
G0 C=ACP(90.) = The C-axis approaches the programmed position in the positive direction.
G0 C=ACN(90.) = The C-axis approaches the programmed position in the negative direction.

G0 C90. = The C-axis approaches the programmed position in the direction set by machine parameters, could be any of the above, I think.

OT but @Denim do you still run an integrex ?

Just trying to figure out who the Integrex "Peeps" are on PM forum.

Ta,

Eric

OT but @Denim do you still run an integrex ?

Just trying to figure out who the Integrex "Peeps" are on PM forum.

Ta,

Eric

We still have those integrexes at the shop I work at, but it's been a while since I got to play with them. They mostly run large production series of a handful of returning parts.

We still have those integrexes at the shop I work at, but it's been a while since I got to play with them. They mostly run large production series of a handful of returning parts.

:cool:

(your first "like" aren't you lucky lol ;-) stupid interwebs !)

The majority of machines 5 axis machines im aware of cannot move both 90 and -90. It actually inst necessary for a machine to move in that manner. If you cant get to -90 you need to rotate C 180 to get to the other side. Most 5 axis machines favor one side VS the other.

EX. OKUMA M460V 5AX -110 +10 or something like that

The majority of machines 5 axis machines im aware of cannot move both 90 and -90. It actually inst necessary for a machine to move in that manner. If you cant get to -90 you need to rotate C 180 to get to the other side. Most 5 axis machines favor one side VS the other.

EX. OKUMA M460V 5AX -110 +10 or something like that

Unless your a Hermle

Back