What's new
What's new

Hi all I’m in the UK has anyone got experience of XYZ machines are they any good?

hooly

Plastic
Hi all I’m in the UK has anyone got experience of XYZ machines are they any good?

There ok, Sami has involvements through a 3rd party with a company that has a Y axis XYZ lathe and speaks pretty dang well of it making some pretty nifty and fiddly parts.

A local shop were i am just across town has one of there older more cnc'ed style engine style lathes and its been turning out good bits for a fair while. They have had to replace servo motors and such on it though, but i don't honestly know how old it really is.

One point just after it came out i was seriously looking at there little 2 op machine as it would be ideal for a bunch of parts i had been doing often at the time, though the control on it would have probably not lasted long here, it seamed pretty terrible, but the machine sure seamed like it would have been more than upto what i want with a simple control retrofit, its controls were only class-able as horid.

There certainly not of Japanese or even Hass quality, but i think on the right work they can certainly earn you some money. Weather you can find a better machine in the second hand market is probably a legitimate question though.

I keep hoping the UK syil dealer will bring in some of there more serious VMC's, not sure what the price point will be but they look like robo drill - brother speedily level - style machines.

I am 20mins from there head office, know lots of people that work or have worked there. before I worked for my self i had 4 band new VMC's from them, they were ok depending on what you expect of them.

not very fast, not very accurate, but not bad machines all round.

for what its worth I don't own any XYZ machines my self and don't intend to get any!

Ive run a shopmill xyz vmc at a place in warringtom, was pretty easy to pick up after years of fanuc. Took approx 2 weeks.
Not the most powerful machine i have used but was reliable.

Back