What's new
What's new

Anilam 3000 Bolt Hole Pattern Question

Researcher

Plastic
Our shop has a Bridgeport with an Anilam 3000M unit. There is no problem using the Bolt Hole canned cycle to drill holes. However, I want to then have the machine repeat the hole pattern, stopping at each hole so I may hand tap that hole before continuing onto the next hole. To raise and lower the quill during tapping I must be in manual mode, but to run the Bolt Hole cycle requires it be in MDI mode. How do I get the machine to stop at each hole position so I may tap the hole. (This machine does not have automatic spindle speed or direction control, so I can't use the canned Tapping cycle). Thanks.

3 axis and the quill is Z I assume? Is there anyway you can run it just in 2-axis mode? I have 3000m on my Acer knee mill, but it's 2 axis, I used TTS quick change for drilling and tapping, it's amazingly quick (for a manual mill)
Center drill , drill, power tap, hit the cycle start for the next hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The control does not have a single block switch.
The quill is Z, but it cannot be run in 2-axis mode. Also a TTS quick change won't work if the machine won't stop long enough to change the tools. As stated earlier, we need to be able to hand tap after drilling the bolt hole pattern. That requires stopping at each hole and allowing Z axis control.

Hi

Sorry I can't help your problem, but you may be able to help me. I have purchased a 5oooVS Mill40.1-12.jpg But I didn't get any disks with it. Could I purchase a copy of your Anilam disks for the 3000M controller?

Back