What's new
What's new

High pressure coolant

Unahorn

Aluminum
Curious how other people’s high pressure coolant work. I am having spindle problems here on our matsuura. Their thinking is it could be the coolant through union. So their solution is to change a setting so the machine alarms out if I turn on coolant through while the spindle is running. This to me is unacceptable. And do not feel like reprogramming 5 years of jobs to accommodate this new change to our system. And not to mention I don’t always want coolant through on at the beginning of a tool change before the spindle turns on. My kitamura does not seem to suffer from this problem.

Got a five year old Haas here with 1000PSI TSC. The rotary union it came with was leaking so they replaced it with a new type and it's been great since. Since the fix if I have the spindle turning while I call TSC the machine will stop the spindle, turn on the TSC, then spin up the spindle again.

Curious how other people’s high pressure coolant work.
We have Okumas, a Brother, and a Hyundai-Kia all of them I can turn TSC on/off while the spindle is running without issue. The spindle does not stop, that would be annoying as hell. :ack2:

What has Matsuura said? This sounds like a very odd situation. I've run a variety of machines with TSC both standard and Hi-pressure and not seen this. I'd go talk to someone higher up on the Matsuura ladder. When I worked at Doosan we had a rash of machines come through with bad rotary unions and a few DOZEN spindles had to be rebuilt/replaced under warranty.

I have only one machine with 1000psi, but it doesn't care if the spindle is running or not when starting or stopping the through coolant.

All my other machines are 300psi or less, but none of them care either.

Back