UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    Vanc,
    I agree with you. But, yeah there is a but, the procedure is dead simple if no power off for whatever reason. I know you know your way around a Fanuc control. What other choice would you suggest in case of a power down? How would you suggest keeping the parameters valid so that the tap retract would work under any circumstance?
    I've never looked at the ladder logic for tap retract so don't have an idea of how to change the behavior or what options one would have. The recovery behavior of an e-stopped or alarm stopped tap cycle you use is similar, if not identical to what I've seen on other Fanuc and Mitsu equipped machines.

When the power has been cycled on the control, the first scan of the ladder could be written to reset the state of tapping and axis spindle synchronization. This would simply require the user release the tap from the toolholder and retract the axis, same as has been done since NC tapping became a function. From the recovery method described in this thread, it feels like an attempt was made in the ladder to keep the tap retract function valid after a power cycle, but it's not working correctly.

The OPs struggle to recover the machine is a training or training retention failure. Would be interesting to know if there was an attempt to get recovery advice from their dealer before bringing the issue to the forum.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I love the toolchange recovery on my 2015 Haas. I pre-stage tools, so the ATC is running while the tool is approaching the part. If I notice something is off, I'll E-Stop, and once in a while I'll forget and hit Reset. All I have to do is hit the "Recover" button, select "Toolchanger", and hit "A" for automatic. It does the rest all on its own and in a few seconds I'm back up.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mhajicek View Post
    I love the toolchange recovery on my 2015 Haas. I pre-stage tools, so the ATC is running while the tool is approaching the part. If I notice something is off, I'll E-Stop, and once in a while I'll forget and hit Reset. All I have to do is hit the "Recover" button, select "Toolchanger", and hit "A" for automatic. It does the rest all on its own and in a few seconds I'm back up.
    All of my machines are simple to recover. Some you need to know what you're doing, others talk you through it. None are more complex than entering a M code or two to fold the tool pot back up.

4. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Doosan EOP ATC recovery is about as simple as can be. Works like a champ.