Hitachi ht 20 cnc lathe turret index time over alarm after battery change
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hitachi ht 20 cnc lathe turret index time over alarm after battery change

12-01-2010, 01:08 PM
    surfit
    Plastic Join Date: Apr 2008

Hitachi ht 20 cnc lathe turret index time over alarm after battery change

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My maintainance guy changed the batteries with the power off and now when I start the machine I get a "turret index time over alarm" I can jog the machine and zero return it but when I go to index the turret it will unclamp but it doesn't move. I have tried the turret alarm reboot proceedure holding the "feed hold" "select" and "main spindle stop" buttons all at once then pushing the "stand by" button. Still no luck. I can also unclamp the turret with the "rotory spindle stop" and "main spindle stop" buttons depressed at the same time then clamp the turret with the "call light" button. Hey Machtool or anyone else do you have a solution for this one? Machtool if you get this one I might have to put you on my payroll. I have six Hitachi lathes that are getting old.
    Thanks

surfit
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to surfit
    Send email to surfit
    Find all posts by surfit
    Add surfit to Your Contacts

#2 (permalink) 12-01-2010, 02:32 PM
    machtool
    Titanium Join Date: Jun 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by surfit
    My maintainance guy changed the batteries with the power off

Does he still work there? Man that’s a big mistake. My first guess is that it has lost the counter position in the diagnostics as to what position the turret is in. So it will unclamp, but it doesn’t know which number its at, or which way to turn

That will be Hitachi specific, and a bit out of my depth with out being in front of it. I might be able to pick it up by reading the ladder, or going through the inputs / outputs from wiring diagrams. I don’t think you will be lucky enough that it has a home position switch on the turret.

If I were you, I’d repost your question over in the CNC section. We can rustle up some of the Hitachi guys. The member “Metaltech” this might be his bag of tricks. We used to have a few Hitachi techs from Wisconsin, after Hitachi went under. Haven’t seen them of late.
    CNC Machining - Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These battery problems are going to drive me to drink. No, wait, I already do that... Just today, I looked at an old Miyano with a 3TC that lost the memory because the batts were never checked. The good news is there is no parameter list.

OK, on your Hitachi, what control is on it, what is the approx year of build, and what batteries? (shape, size, voltage, connectors, location). If I can be of any help, I'll need to know exactly what you have. And then I might still not be able to help. Now, where did I leave that beer...

mt

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by metaltech View Post
    These battery problems are going to drive me to drink. No, wait, I already do that... Just today, I looked at an old Miyano with a 3TC that lost the memory because the batts were never checked. The good news is there is no parameter list.

OK, on your Hitachi, what control is on it, what is the approx year of build, and what batteries? (shape, size, voltage, connectors, location). If I can be of any help, I'll need to know exactly what you have. And then I might still not be able to help. Now, where did I leave that beer...

mt
    I have attached some pic's as requested. The battery's are the 6v and the 3v
    shown in pic 660
    If you need anymore info let me know,
    Thank you fellow chip maker.

NC ROM VERSION = L3ROZ-23
    PC SAFT VERSION = 1531A13Y
    Controll = SEICOS 111
    Year build = 1999
    TURRET DRIVE EQUIP = POWER MATE-E (FANUC)
    CIRCUT DIAGRAM = 1531-0027
    SERIAL NO = TF-15906
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn0660.jpg   dscn0661.jpg   dscn0662.jpg   dscn0665.jpg