What's new
What's new

Hitachi HT40M with Seicos L-multi macro parameter issue

MarcoCFS

Plastic
Hi All,

I was after some help with an old HT40M that we have with a Seicos L-multi controller. We wish to use parameters / variables to adjust a number of points in the program simultaneously.

When we try say #150 = 10.00, it just errors out and references a manual we don't have. So we are looking to just set a variable #150 = 10.00 and then in the code below i.e Z100.00+#150 etc...

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful.....

Marco

Well, since you have not said what the resulting error or alarm number and message said it makes it real tough to guess what the trouble might be. Could be syntax. Could be that your control is not equipped with that option. Could be an illegal variable. Who know????

It does not cost you anything to post up as much information as you have.

OK, The exact error is ALARM 107 ERROR IN MACRO ( FORMAT ERROR ) * SEE OPERATION MANUAL (6-1).

I do not have the op manual.

This error is the same for all numbers tried #150=10, #10=10.00 and with square brackets in various places.

I am assuming the controller can do it as it seems to understand the macro element but I don't know.

Since Hitachi had their own U/I on top of the base Yasnac control some things may different that what I know...

Have you or anyone else ever used macro programming on this machine?
When you press the "SET" button a few times is one of the screens shown called "SETTING MACRO"?

The full text of alarm 107 in my Yasnac manual says...
"MACRO ERROR (FORMAT)"
"A format other than expression has an error".

I'm wondering if this is not some Janglish way of saying that the macro option is not active on this machine.

You may well be right, we don't think anyone has used macro on this or any of our other HT30/25 etc.. They are very old.

I guess i was hopeful when at least the error was hinting it kind of knew what i was trying to do.

I have not found the Setting Macro screen. Thanks for replying anyway.

It's possible you have Macro A, Try this code
G65H01P#100Q10.
that statement would define Variable #100 a value of 10.

Many thanks for your suggestion. You could be right. I entered the line you suggested and had no error ! That's a first.

I googled Marco A and found nothing. How do I find more on how to use it. Even simple additions like X100+#100 etc ?

Many thanks for your suggestion. You could be right. I entered the line you suggested and had no error ! That's a first.

I googled Marco A and found nothing. How do I find more on how to use it. Even simple additions like X100+#100 etc ?
Hello MarcoCFS,
X100.0+#100 is Macro B syntax. Using Macro A, you would have to have something like the following:

G65 H02 P#101 Q#100 R100.0 (#101 = #100 + 100.0) The bracketed example is the equivalent in Macro B Syntax
X#101

Regards,

Bill

Back