What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki Canned Cycles

docdesigns

Plastic
Hi,
The lathe in question is a 1998 Hitachi Seiki TS15 with seicos 21 control. I am having issues with canned cycles. This is a new machine to me. The programs left in the controller do not use any canned cycles and are written long hand. Is it possible this lathe doesn't have canned cycle options?

Please see the attached screenshots of the G code and the alarm I am getting.

I can replace the G831 with G83, G81 or whatever and get the same result. Also I can move the G80 or take it out completely with the same result. This is also interfering with me trying to do the direct tapping.

Of note is I can use G32 to do external threading without issue.

I have figured out a work around to get my post processor to not use canned cycles and use the full length g code in the mean time however doesn't help the direct tapping(G842/G843) I would like to use if possible.

Thanks for any insight,
Clinton20170312_201814.jpg20170312_201845.jpg

We have a similar vintage machine at work and it doesn't have drilling or tapping canned cycles. We bought the machine 2nd hand, and cant get any support here, so i don't know if that is just how the controller is or if there is a problem. We use CAM to program it so it spits the drilling out in longhand instead of the canned cycle. I think the boss programed it to tap long hand with a floating tap holder and it worked ok. Sorry i can't be more help.

Back