What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki HT20 alarm on power up

HTP Machine

Plastic
Need help please, I have a Hitachi Seiki HT20 with Fanuc 10TF control. Machine was running great, went to power up machine and now I get a red alarm light and EMG highlighted on the bottom of the monitor screen. Pushing the hydraulic standby button will start the hydraulics but with no axis movement. I Looked at the alarm message and there is nothing showing for reason of alarm.
I looked in manual and it states that when you get this alarm it could be that either the X or Z Axis clutches are tripped. I have checked both and they both are set correctly.
I did check all fuses and switches on axis’s and all good.
Would anyone know what could be causing this alarm?

Also I just looked in the dyonastic page X001 it shows a 1 on bit 4, and on X003 it shows 0 on but 7.
So the X clutch shows engaged
And the Z clutch shows not engaged, but manually checked and it is engaged.

Z clutch shows not engaged when it is engaged, sounds like a bad switch, broken wire or connection, or an bad I/O card.

Thanks, I don’t even see any switches or wires that run to the clutch. I’ll have to figure out which I/O card relates to the clutches. I’ll be checking

With E stop on it is more likely an hard wire problem. I would look at the electrical print and find the wire number. Then try to find that wire in an junction box or in the main panel. When you have located the wire you can open and short it out to simulate the switch in the clutch. At that point you will have an line in the sand and work towards the cause.

The clutches are monitored by a proximity sensor. The one on Z axis had bad wiring so I changed it out, but still have same alarm.

Alarm fixed finally, the proximity sensor I was given was wrong sensor, I have installed the correct proximity sensor and now machine starts up with no alarm and is up and running.

Back