What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki HT20 Q-Setter Alarm

HTP Machine

Plastic
After reloading parameters on Hitachi Seiki HT20 with Fanuc 10TF control, now when I pull the Q-Setter down to touch off tools I get an alarm with no message. Put it back up in it home position and alarm goes away. I checked on the Ladder and all checks good at home, pulled down, and 4 positions on pads will all give a white line. Anybody have any suggestions or way to fix the alarm?

After reloading parameters on Hitachi Seiki HT20 with Fanuc 10TF control, now when I pull the Q-Setter down to touch off tools I get an alarm with no message. Put it back up in it home position and alarm goes away. I checked on the Ladder and all checks good at home, pulled down, and 4 positions on pads will all give a white line. Anybody have any suggestions or way to fix the alarm?

The only reason the 20s would alarm if you only pulled the q setter out is because it didnt home so to speak.
a few reason chips on the stop screw or the switch.

was it working before the prms were reloaded? did you do any thing that might effect the in position switch of the q-setter. 20s q setters are pretty simple. they open or close, Check that switch that tells the control the arm is in position.
I think it was a mag contact switch forget the name of it.

Yes it worked before I lost the parameters due to the batteries went dead. I cleaned around q-setter and no chips in the way. The alarm goes off as soon as q-setter is disengage from home.

Yes it worked before I lost the parameters due to the batteries went dead. I cleaned around q-setter and no chips in the way. The alarm goes off as soon as q-setter is disengage from home.

Home meaning in the closed position?
when its open there is a mag type proximity switch that is used to tell the control that it is fully open.. if that switch is not working you will get an alarms. The alarm means its not in the correct position when its open.

Its been a while but i believe its a mag type proximity switch.

basically theres one switch to tell the control the q-setter is closed (so you dont crash it)and one switch to tell the control thats its open and IN position.
then there are those 4 setting switchs, if one of them is bad you will also get an alarm. when you open it.

What alarm are you getting? I had the multi seikos controls on all my "s" machines machines.
is this the old style machine pre 89/90? some were fitted with q setters (not all) as it was an option. but same principles

No message on alarm, just the red alarm on. And all switches for the pods check good on the ladder. Would there be a parameter that could be adjusted to set the q-setter ?

I have checked all the switches on the Q-setter and all are good. Anybody know of anything else I can check to get the Q-setter to work?

Is your turret at machine home when you lower the q arm? Not sure if you said so or just meant the q arm was at home when checking the ladder signals

Ran one old Hitachi with a 10TEF that required a zero return before lowering the arm or it would just illuminate the alarm light and not pop up the geometry screen

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

No message on alarm, just the red alarm on. And all switches for the pods check good on the ladder. Would there be a parameter that could be adjusted to set the q-setter ?

There might be but I cant remember, I am almost certain though that there is a switch of some sort that tells you if the q-setter is at home or in the postilion ready to be used.
if you put it home the alarm goes away if you pull it out the alarm comes on. some how your going to have to start tracing wires and ladders or find a wiring schematic for it.

I may be way off here, but I'll throw it out there. There should be four parameters that calibrate the setter in each direction. I don't know If those being off would cause the alarm. But If you had to reload parameters it might be worth a look. These are for a Fanuc OT yours may be different.

parameters are 744 (X OD), 743(X ID), 745 (Z Left sensor), 746 (Z Right sensor)

Back