What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki HT20 Quill Problem

HTP Machine

Plastic
Hitachi Seiki HT20 with Fanuc 10TF having problem with quill since I bought machine last year. With the quill on tailstock in the in position spindle will not start up. With the quill in out position the spindle will start up and run. So I just run the machine with the quill out so far. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
And the switch under the chuck pressure and Hi/ Low pressure shows light on when quill is out and no light on with quill in.

Sounds like a interlock to keep you from running the machine without the quill advanced. Apparently you don't see anything on the control panel so look around in the back panels for a switch that says tailstock interlock or something similar to that?

Brent

When you go through the homing sequence at startup do you extend the quill then retract and hold the button for at least 5 seconds? Doing that sets a latch in the sequence.

Ed.

Yes I have tried after start up advancing and retracting quill and holding it each way for 5 to 10 seconds

Sorry I don’t know how to get a copy of my picture of the control and paste it here. Any suggestions.

Is there soft keys around the CRT screen if so poke around in there to see if you can find settings page with a interlock switch? Sometimes things like this can be in the control itself.

Brent

For my HT20 the quill retract is M26. Go to MDI and key in the M26 cycle start. If I don't do this mine will only run with the quill extended.

VTM- thank you you hit it right on the spot. I have turned machine on several times, After homing machine and MDI high gear and a spindle, pushed button to advance the quill, then MDI’d M26 as you said and amazing now spindle runs with quill retracted. Thanks a lot I appreciate it !!

Back