What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki HT20S III Will not cycle start. "SYSTEM NO. 1!" alarm

Priemum Machine

Plastic
My Hitachi Seiki HT20 III with Seicos LY control had several problems . After repairing a burnt trace on the Hitachi Seiki board with all the relays and connectors I was able to get the machine to come ready. I replaced a relay and was able to get the chuck to clamp and unclamp. I can move, home X and Y, I can jog the spindle and index the turret. The tail stock moves but when I try to give MDI command I get the same alarm and I looked everywhere but don't know what it means " SYSTEM NO. 1!" flashes on the screen that is all it says. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this alarm? I have all the books to the machine but Im puzzeled.

My Hitachi Seiki HT20 III with Seicos LY control had several problems . After repairing a burnt trace on the Hitachi Seiki board with all the relays and connectors I was able to get the machine to come ready. I replaced a relay and was able to get the chuck to clamp and unclamp. I can move, home X and Y, I can jog the spindle and index the turret. The tail stock moves but when I try to give MDI command I get the same alarm and I looked everywhere but don't know what it means " SYSTEM NO. 1!" flashes on the screen that is all it says. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this alarm? I have all the books to the machine but Im puzzeled.

Hello

Under your SET Menu, you probably have parameter write enable turned on - take a look. Turn it off and you should be good

John

As soon as I read your message I smacked myself in the head.

Hello

Under your SET Menu, you probably have parameter write enable turned on - take a look. Turn it off and you should be good

John

I never enabled PWE and the whole "SYSTEM NO.1!" alarm was throwing me for a loop. Changed it now everything is working. Thanks a lot!

Back