What's new
What's new

Hitachi seiki RAM Error

vishnji

Plastic
Please help with my Hitachi Seiki Hicell CA23S turnomill with Seicos L III controller . On turning on i am getting alarm 1016 AIP1 alarm - RAM error
Something to do with SAMS1 card . Can anyone provide some help . Thanks

If this is a fairly vintage machine late 80s-early 90s?
It has been turned off for a while?
Your likely to have a ram chip in it with memory on, often with a battery associated so it wont loose power when machine is powered off.
Any ram chip of vintage non cmos, loses its contained memory on power loss.
just one suggestion.

The machine is of 1995. It has been running fine . Butwas OFF for around15 days only. Any suggestion how to tackle this RAM error

Start checking your sams1? card should be possible to find through your manual, if it has a battery and a old ram chip. check the battery if its dead you know why at least.

How to fix it on that machine idk, anytime you deal with old machines, plcs etc that has ¨volatile¨ ram in them, and are dependant on a battery supply, your usually glad to have a backup of the stored software on a extrenal pc. Also change batteries pr instructions and buy quality ones.

Checked Sams1 card . No battery is there . All votages are coming . I read on some other forum people who got this error they swapped this card with new one but alarm did not go. Can this be software problem .

You should have a 3.6 vold lithium battery in most likely the back of your unit along with the rest of the power for the mchine, have it turned on and check the battery without charge onto it, if not you wont know if it failed anyways. and if you remove it without power your surely screwed

The manual says this alarm 1016 AIP 1 is due to faulty SAMS Card. But in another CNC Forum i had read swapping this card with nee one does not solve the problem. Moreover i do not have spare this card . Any advice . I need help to come out of the problem

Hello

1016 is a faulty RAM address alarm in the SAMS. Its a hard alarm, often people swap without realizing that SAMS have address settings that need to be maintained, and not all SAMS are interchangeable depending on software version and model of card. PM me for more details and I will help you out

John

The manual says this alarm 1016 AIP 1 is due to faulty SAMS Card. But in another CNC Forum i had read swapping this card with nee one does not solve the problem. Moreover i do not have spare this card . Any advice . I need help to come out of the problem

Back