What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki TF15 Drive Alarm

Mjakubi

Plastic
Hi Folks

Hitachi Seiki TF15 (SEICOS LIII) initially was giving an alarm on X axis. Operator was able to operate turret manually in X direction for a few "mm" only and alarm appeared. An engineer swap X and Z axis on axis drive ADU20F2S and confirmed drive is faulty. Up to this point it is what I was told. The drive was sent for repair and I bought machine as is.

Before shipping, the same engineer that remove the drive have fit the drive back in and I have fallowing alarms:

906 PCU Circuit protector in the 3rd axis is in OFF position,
890 Regenerative Resistor in the 3rd axis overheated,

However these seems to relate to spindle drive (ADU75FP) and not the ADU as above.
There is only one switch (Circuit Protector) on ADU75FP and when moved to OFF position it generates similar alarm to 906. See below.
ADU Circuit protector in the 3rd axis is in OFF position. It says ADU and not PCU.

I looked in to maintenance manual (SEICOS LIII/A) and it show the PCU unit. However I cannot locate such a unit in my machine. There are three other ADU unit but non identified as PCU.

I noticed under a spindle drive unit(ADU75) there was a plastic switch in OFF position (think this is Circuit breaker). Moved this in to ON position and 802 was generated. See attachments from maintenance manual and description of these alarms.

The ADU that was sent for repair is under warranty and I am not sure if they did the right job. Before sending this back I am trying to make sure this ADU is good/bad.

I was hoping I can locate the PCU and its resistor but this seems to be no runner.

Any advice on the above issue?

Attachments

• D66BFA1B-D71E-4DF7-A2EB-7D099B9FF320.jpg
    D66BFA1B-D71E-4DF7-A2EB-7D099B9FF320.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 166
  • E4A950D7-611D-4499-A22A-CABC21CF3201.jpg
    E4A950D7-611D-4499-A22A-CABC21CF3201.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 144
Apparently PCU is a common power supply for all servo drives. It receives 3 phase AC 220V and makes and distributes DC voltage for all servo drives. Regenerative resistor is hooked up to this power supply

Apparently PCU is a common power supply for all servo drives. It receives 3 phase AC 220V and makes and distributes DC voltage for all servo drives. Regenerative resistor is hooked up to this power supply

Hi John,

I have resolved all of the above. It would take a bottle of whiskey to explain all the journey I had.
I am now in need for turret drive parameters for TF15 (Seicos LIII) - can You help?

Back