Hitachi Seiki YE-NET error
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hitachi Seiki YE-NET error

Could use some help. I have a Hitachi Seiki VM40III with a Yasnac control. I have started getting a "3481 YE-NET I/O ERROR (NO. 1)" The hydraulics drop off line and the only way to get the machine going again is to shut down and restart. Anyone seen this before and what was the fix? I am a small shop so any help much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello,
    Does that VM have the Yasnac J300 Control? Can you tell me a little bit about the history of the machine? How long has it been happening, is it always at the same time, etc.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The machine is a 1999 model with the j300 control. The error appeared for the first time a few days ago while running a job that had a lot of repetitive rigid tapping(making buss bars, little milling on the ends, drill 64 holes and tap them). It was late in the day and the machine had been running for about 8-10 hours. I initially thought it may have been due to the hydraulic system being a little low on oil and getting hot. Shut machine down, topped off fluid, restarted in about an hour and resumed work. Went about an hour and errored out again. Called it a day. Came back the next day and did a simple job with just some light milling and errored again. Was again towards the end of the day so just shut down. Talked to Yaskowa a few days ago and they recommended powering machine down and making sure all bus bars on the top of the drives, and all ribbon cable and connectors were tight. Some connectors going to drives were loose (screws backed out of connectors) Tightened everything down and ran a few parts yesterday with some rigid tap and no errors, although machine didn't run very long (3-4 hours of on time) Will be running bars again tomorrow so will get to see if the problem is still there. typical day of bars is about 3200 holes drilled and tapped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like that could be the issue, just some loose connectors. All that shaking can loosen things up. the YENET error is a communication issue. Either there is a disconnect or the YNET IO board is throwing out errors. Hopefully its not the latter. Let me know how it turns out today and we will go from there.

John

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shas595 View Post
    Sounds like that could be the issue, just some loose connectors. All that shaking can loosen things up. the YENET error is a communication issue. Either there is a disconnect or the YNET IO board is throwing out errors. Hopefully its not the latter. Let me know how it turns out today and we will go from there.

John
    I am getting the same alarm error "3481 YE-NET I/O ERROR (NO. 1)" with a Matsuura MC 510 VG Vertical milling Center with a Yasnac J300 M Control. My question is where did you find the definition of that error? I can't find a reference to this communication error in any of the manuals. I'm gonna go check all the wires and make sure no loose connections which seemed to the the solution from [email protected] Thanks again.