What's new
What's new

Hold axis movement until spindle is up to speed (Matsuura MX-520)

Machinerer

Cast Iron
As the title suggests, I am working on a Matsuura MX-520, drilling a few holes, 1mm dia, 10mm deep in some 51rc material. I broke a drill because the machine started feeding in the Z axis before the spindle was all the way up to speed. The long drill enters the pilot hole at 1000rpm, then ramps up spindle speed before drilling. I just put a dwell in it, to fix the issue, but was wondering, for the future, if there is a way to make the axes wait until the spindle is up to speed before making G01/G02/G03 moves?

I had the same issues on the MX-520 and MAM72. Machine builder couldn't figure out the problem (Selway). After so many attempts I gave up and contacted my cam software to adjust post to add a dwell right after an m3 for 5 seconds. Never broke a tool after that. Good luck!

That's gotta be a parameter thing.
The Haas has no option, it will wait for spindle to reach the commanded speed before axis movement.
On my Moris ( Fanuc Oi and Mits ) the spindle also must reach commanded speed before movement, but there is an "immediate" way to command the
spindle.
S1000 M03 = Axis waits 'til spindle reaches 1000RPM
M05 = Axis waits until spindle is at 0
S1000 M1003 = Axis moves immediately
M1005 = axis moves immediately.

So, my guess is that there IS a parameter to control it on a Fanuc.

I had the same problem with my air turbine spindles. Just like the "thedude" said, I put a 3 second dwell in the program with the post processor so every time I grab an air spindle it does the dwell automatically.

Back