How to create a user defined M code? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do not know about Haas, but on Fanuc we would store 200 in parameter 6050, for G200 to call O9010 as a macro.
    What exactly is the problem on your machine?
    Undefined G-code (O9010 not being called at all)?
    Or, some problem inside O9010?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First enamble parameter write in setting page
    Set parameter 91 to 200
    write your program O9010 including a M99 at the end

That should be it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sinha View Post
    If you do not learn, I have to be sorry for misleading you; you have to be angry, rather very angry!

Actually, the book has been designed for those who have no or inadequate background in macro programming. If you already know enough, you may not find new things. I have considered the plight of those whom nobody is helping. I have myself gone through this stage. Mike Lynch rightly describes macro programming as "the best kept secret of CNC." (He is another author, apart from Peter Smid.)

If you feel that the book can be improved, do let us know. Of course, if you have already thrown it in the dustbin, ....
    Sinha, I bought your book about a month ago. Only problem is getting my brain back into shape for studying out the math terms. Nothing too complicated, just some terms I don't use often and have forgotten from high school, 36+ years ago. It's coming back, slowly.
    As for being for the beginner, it is, as it takes one all the way down to the basics and starts to build from there. But that's exactly what I needed. "I know nothing and can prove it!" My main problem right now is not falling to sleep in my recliner at night when trying to read it. Not exactly a page turner, but then textbooks aren't. I sneak a peak now and then further into it and it seems to get more interesting later, but as you said, it's written to be read in order, front to back. Otherwise, you would end up bouncing back and forth looking for info that you SHOULD have already absorbed from the earlier chapters. Be like the Fanuc manual then. You've written a good book for what it's designed for. A good place to start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gorrilla View Post
    Sinha, I bought your book about a month ago. Only problem is getting my brain back into shape for studying out the math terms. Nothing too complicated, just some terms I don't use often and have forgotten from high school, 36+ years ago. It's coming back, slowly.
    As for being for the beginner, it is, as it takes one all the way down to the basics and starts to build from there. But that's exactly what I needed. "I know nothing and can prove it!" My main problem right now is not falling to sleep in my recliner at night when trying to read it. Not exactly a page turner, but then textbooks aren't. I sneak a peak now and then further into it and it seems to get more interesting later, but as you said, it's written to be read in order, front to back. Otherwise, you would end up bouncing back and forth looking for info that you SHOULD have already absorbed from the earlier chapters. Be like the Fanuc manual then. You've written a good book for what it's designed for. A good place to start.
    Thanks for appreciation.
    Since you already have some experience with macros, you can afford to skip a few chapters / sections, and proceed to what you are actually interested in. So, just glance through the initial chapters, to know what is described where. You may find chapter 7 (Macro Call) most interesting as well as informative. If you read the entire book, you would also know what is possible to do with macro programming, apart from basic things.

Sinha

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

is it just me or is typing M98 P**** not that hard?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochld2 View Post
    No, its not too hard, and conventional Sub Programs have their place, but User Defined M codes offer more flexibility, particularly when used to call a Macro Program where parameters are able to be passed from the calling routine.

Regards,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Regards,

Bill

G'day Bill.

Were you the bloke I meet in my factory here in Thomastown a few months ago, regarding a Mazak ATC turning centre?

Regards Phil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by machtool View Post
    G'day Bill.

Were you the bloke I meet in my factory here in Thomastown a few months ago, regarding a Mazak ATC turning centre?

Regards Phil.
    Hi Phil,
    I'm the bloke!

Best regards,

Bill

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its more handy to have a G code to send

X home
    Z center of travel
    Y to center position
    coolant off
    spindle stop

Or a simple G code to engage C axis and get your live tooling started. these cut down on operator error.

Thanks for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Old thread, same problem, different controller. Can this be done on a Mazak? Specifically a VTC250D/50 with a PC Fusion 640 control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Machine Parameters
    Macro Call (J)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bought the best kept secret book for 140 new years ago, the other book I got a used for free from an old coworker, both books are great. Definitely helped me out a lot. I still had to do research on machine variables for a lot of macros I have wrote, but definitely worth their weight in gold when starting out and learning. This are the two books I used and have created some amazing probing macros for and forgings. I have moved on from the company I wore those for, but still excited to have the knowledge and the confidence in writing some super strong custom macros that took away so much error and from making super crap. Both books I would definitely recommend for anyone who wants to learn macros and are handy references. Happy to see that they are cheaper since I bought the one out of pocket. I can understand why someone would like at least half back on their investment, but personally I like having them both for references.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This might be the most helpful zombie thread resurrection ever. At lest this time, the subject matter is quite useful.

14. Likes yardbird, DouglasJRizzo, mountie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jashley73 View Post
    This might be the most helpful zombie thread resurrection ever. At lest this time, the subject matter is quite useful.
    Absolutely! This is the exact thread I referred to when I made up my custom codes. Which parameters call which programs was definitely something I copied. I've never seen that list anywhere else.

Brent