What's new
What's new

How do I do a parameter and settings back up on a Fanuc 0i-TC?

Jaxian

Stainless
Well it would appear I have some free time at the moment and also as of yesterday the AL-73 turret unit battery alarm stopped my lathe dead in it's tracks. I ordered a new battery off Amazon but it won't be here for a week. Also they mentioned you need to make sure you don't power down while changing the battery or you will lose your parameters.

So would seem to be a good idea to back up my parameters. I have no idea how to do this. I have been searching through my 1.5" thick Fanuc book and admit I might be more lost than when I started.

I have a PC Card with more than enough space to fit everything just not sure how to do it.

Machine is a 2006 Hyundai/Kia SKT250 with the Fanuc 0i-TC control. My information says I should be able to basically clone my entire parameters and settings to a file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Paul

Well I found this that applies to my mill with the later 0i-MF control. I am praying that lathe one is the same. Although I must admit there is a lot of differences between my lathe and mill menus and stuff even though they are both 0i controls. This is not intuitive at all. All kinds of parameters have to be changed and in the correct order. The parameter book is just as cryptic. For something that is so important to do they don't make it very straightforward. A maintenance menu screen with a "Backup all" button or "Backup Parameters" button would be a bit easier. Well, I guess I will see if this applies.

YouTube

YouTube

Does anyone have backup SRAMxxx.FDB files for an Oi-MC / 2007 Sharp SV-2412? Mine dumped, I'm getting alarm 935 SRAM ECC error on boot and I am missing the .FDB files in backups. Called Sharp today, but I was on hold for some time and then gave up. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, but I'd sure like to cut parts sooner than later.
Thanks

Sadly the above video link for the all data backup for a 0i-F did not work on a 0i-C. Got to the point in the video where it says to press the all data button and there wasn't one. It went though and did back up the parameters though but not anything else.

On the other hand I tried it on my 0i-MF mill and it worked perfectly. I ended up with nearly 30 files. And I am not talking just the programs on the computer. Those actually ended up in one large text file strangely enough. It backed up a bunch of TXT files then when it restarted there was a huge slew of binary files also.

Looks like it got the PMC ladder, the drive tuning stuff, macros, all the controller data, maintenance logs and counters, tool lengths and libraries, just everything. Was very cool. There was even a file OPRHIST or something that started on 1/1/2020 that had recorded every keystroke I had made. No clue that was even a thing. Even like Cursor up, Cursor up, (EDIT screen) and on. I will post a pic of all the files it generated if anyone wants to see the list. Makes just the parameters look like half a job. And it wasn't any more time consuming as much as I can tell.

Thing was you had to go in and change the settings in a number of parameters first. The 0i-C didn't even have some of the correct selections. It would be nice if they actually included a "this is how to backup your control" in the Fanuc manual but it was less than useless.

At least I got the parameters from the lathe so that something. Too bad no one knew the proper procedure for an "all data" on a 0i-C. At least the one part worked.

Jaxian,
The method on the Oi-C is pretty much the same but the ALL I/O button will be in a different spot. It's there, trust me. Try the "SYSTEM" button, then right soft arrow until you see I/O, press that and you should see ALL I/O. If you don't, try the right arrow again. The wonders of Fanuc. It's there, they make you hunt for it. When you find it, right the procedure in the Fanuc manual.

Paul

Back