What's new
What's new

How do I pause the mill without stopping the spindle? Yasnac J300 control

DavidScott

Diamond
I have 200 small aluminum bars I need to face and would like the mill to pause while I swap parts without stopping the spindle. M0 stops it on my machine and G4 P999999999 will not resume with a cycle start signal. I am looking through the parameters to see if I can find where it either stops the spindle or not at M0. Any ideas how to do this. Yasnac J300/i80 on a Kitamura without a door interlock.

Insert an M1 after each 'cycle', turn on optional stop. Be careful, that seems sketchy.

Not to say I wouldn't do it, but I'd never task an employee with it.

If you have macros, you can make it stop with a loop that keeps going around until a block skip is switched.

......I am looking through the parameters to see if I can find where it either stops the spindle or not at M0. Any ideas how to do this. Yasnac J300/i80 on a Kitamura without a door interlock.

There won't be a Yasnac parameter for this. Possible that a PLC parameter for the ladder logic could. Kitamura's responsibility.

More involved than you probably want it to be, but the J300 has onboard ladder editing ability. You could either modify the logic on M0 to not stop the spindle or create a custom M code to activate feedhold.

Like wmpy says, you could do a macro with a While loop and utilize block skip to break out of it. Angelw could do that in his head. If you want to try that, I could put one together and test on my machine to make sure it works and PM it to you tomorrow.

There won't be a Yasnac parameter for this. Possible that a PLC parameter for the ladder logic could. Kitamura's responsibility.

More involved than you probably want it to be, but the J300 has onboard ladder editing ability. You could either modify the logic on M0 to not stop the spindle or create a custom M code to activate feedhold.

Like wmpy says, you could do a macro with a While loop and utilize block skip to break out of it. Angelw could do that in his head. If you want to try that, I could put one together and test on my machine to make sure it works and PM it to you tomorrow.
I am very interested in this. Because of my clamps the stock can't be more than a few thou oversize so this is something I find myself doing more often than I would like. I won't be around tomorrow but will be back in the shop on Wednesday, I have to take my chips to Portland. I have done this before on other controls but haven't figured it out on the J300.

Thank you for any help with this!

I think it can be something as simple as this:

N5000
/GOTO5000

I haven't tested it, so proceed with caution.

I think it can be something as simple as this:

N5000
/GOTO5000

I haven't tested it, so proceed with caution.

I tested this^ and it works fine. Easier than a While loop

Here is the code I ran....

Code:
%
O175(NO-SPINDLE-STOP-TEST)
N500
/GOTO500 
G90 G54
M6 T4
M8
G0 X.625 Y7.6 M3 S4000
G43 Z0 H4
G1 Y3. F70.
G0 Z1. M9
Y7.6
M99
%

Just toggle Block Skip on and then immediately back off to perform 1 cycle. If Block Skip is left on then the program repeats over and over without stopping.

Thank you for the sample code, that really helped. Here is what I have ended up with. About 50 cycles in and all is pretty much well, it has hung up in the buffer once. I still wish removing the spindle off signal from an M0 was just a parameter change though. I have added a piece of rubber tube to the toggle switch to make it easier to pick out from the others.

%
O1(FACE)
G0 G17 G40 G49 G52 G80 G90 Z0
T1M6
G0 G43 X0 Y4. Z7. H1 G54 S1500 M3
N400
N500
/GOTO500
G0 X6. Y-1. Z.1
G1Z0F75.
X-6.
G0 X0 Y4. Z4.
GOTO400
M99
%

I might add a short dwell to make it easier on the control.

N5000
G4P1.
/GOTO5000

Good idea with the dwell. 1 second caused too much of a lag so it's now .1. .3 was too long too.

I thought there was a way to program G4 as perpetual so when you pressed the start button it would continue. I sorta remember reading about it in a control manual but can't find anything about it now.

Funny thing is this reminds me of how I learned to program subs in a Fanuc 5000, or 3000, control a long long time ago.

Done now with no issues. The bit of tubing on the toggle made finding it much easier. Another good tool for the toolbox as it saved me 15-20 minutes easy, if I don't take into account the hours spent figuring it out.

Back