What's new
What's new

How to Edit Haas Probe Macro? Specifically feedrate.

tayamo1

Plastic
Hello,

I purchased a smaller probe stylus and would like to decrease the feedrate of the Haas probing routine. Once P9023 or 9726 begin, I believe variable #169 and #179 hold the feedrate values. But when I manually edit them in CURNT COMDS, these variables simply revert back to their defaults once I go to run the VQC template again.

How can I decrease the feedrate for the probe routines? I'd copy P9726 and edit the code in a text editor, but I cannot even figure out how to open/view the Haas routine. Using the VQC templates brings up a simple call for P9023 and I can't see what's inside 9023 until it runs.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I purchased a smaller probe stylus and would like to decrease the feedrate of the Haas probing routine. Once P9023 or 9726 begin, I believe variable #169 and #179 hold the feedrate values. But when I manually edit them in CURNT COMDS, these variables simply revert back to their defaults once I go to run the VQC template again.

How can I decrease the feedrate for the probe routines? I'd copy P9726 and edit the code in a text editor, but I cannot even figure out how to open/view the Haas routine. Using the VQC templates brings up a simple call for P9023 and I can't see what's inside 9023 until it runs.

Thank you for your help.
Edit #169 in program O9724. Pay attention, it appears twice, once for metric and once for inch modes. Default is 2500/100 accordingly. Set as you wish. It will influence the feedrate of all moves (RAPID, APPROACH and MEASURE).

Thanks, Probe. So how would I open program O9724 in order to edit it? I apologize as I'm new to programming.

Thanks, Probe. So how would I open program O9724 in order to edit it? I apologize as I'm new to programming.
Yes, you must set the option of editing 9000 programs to ON.
By the way, #169 appears also for feedrates 5000/200. I suggest to edit all of them according to your needs, in order not to skip the one which is used in your machine.

Yes, you must set the option of editing 9000 programs to ON.
By the way, #169 appears also for feedrates 5000/200. I suggest to edit all of them according to your needs, in order not to skip the one which is used in your machine.

Ahh! That setting 23 hid the 9000 programs! Thank you very much!

Back