What's new
What's new

How to find a member, search function or..?

Mike1974

Diamond
I'm trying to find TeachmePlease (sp?). How do you look up a members name, didn't see anything under search, or I am just dumb... :cryin:

Anyone (I know he does) doing tiny deep holes with advice for purchase/vendor, etc...?

I am getting a quote from Mikron (again ...spelling?) :D for a .013" drill with 50x diameter LOC/reach. Anyone have ballpark pricing on these, and/or delivery, or any suppliers (FL area))??

Looking at the crazyflex drill line from them, they are basically like a reduced neck endmill, short flute, relieved back xx amount. I need .90" thru, but going to do half and half for a wirestart hole, I know I can get speeds and feeds from website, just curious if any info out there, or experiences...

thanks, Mike

Rough pricing from Mikron is going to be in the $250-$300 per drill range, if the Crazy Drill Flex line runs about the same pricing as the regular Crazy Drills. Could be more, since it's a different grade of carbide.

(For those unfamiliar with the Crazy Drill Flex line, check out this video... Wild stuff: MIKRON TOOL - CrazyDrill Flex - 2013_Flexibility_Deep hole drilling - YouTube)

Delivery should be next day if you're willing to pay the freight, or 3 days regular shipping. Pretty much anything you can find on their website should be in stock, I've never had to wait for anything but specials.

I will PM you the email contact for my supplier who also covers your area.

I assume this is the drill you're looking at? CrazyDrill Flex SST-Inox 50 x d

I'd suggest you reach out to MAFord (Sales[AT]MAFord.com) and ask if they could make you a couple in a reasonable amount of time. Their performance is impressive, and pricing and lead times on customs is a lot less than you'd expect, they may be able to beat Mikron, and if I remember correctly, their minimum order is only 3 pieces for specials.

Rough pricing from Mikron is going to be in the $250-$300 per drill range, if the Crazy Drill Flex line runs about the same pricing as the regular Crazy Drills. Could be more, since it's a different grade of carbide.

(For those unfamiliar with the Crazy Drill Flex line, check out this video... Wild stuff: MIKRON TOOL - CrazyDrill Flex - 2013_Flexibility_Deep hole drilling - YouTube)

Delivery should be next day if you're willing to pay the freight, or 3 days regular shipping. Pretty much anything you can find on their website should be in stock, I've never had to wait for anything but specials.

I will PM you the email contact for my supplier who also covers your area.

I assume this is the drill you're looking at? CrazyDrill Flex SST-Inox 50 x d

I'd suggest you reach out to MAFord (Sales[AT]MAFord.com) and ask if they could make you a couple in a reasonable amount of time. Their performance is impressive, and pricing and lead times on customs is a lot less than you'd expect, they may be able to beat Mikron, and if I remember correctly, their minimum order is only 3 pieces for specials.

Yes, that is the line we are looking at. BUT at $200+ per drill, we may try another route! :eek:

I think we basically approached this ass backwards, should have probably hole popped first, then turned od concentric to that, even a bit of fidgeting to indicate individually might be (or will be?) cheaper than buying a few drills on the chance of breaking one or two getting setup dialed in... thanks for the heads up on pricing, and might look to MA Ford as suggested.

I'm trying to find TeachmePlease (sp?). How do you look up a members name, didn't see anything under search, or I am just dumb... :cryin:

Anyone (I know he does) doing tiny deep holes with advice for purchase/vendor, etc...?

I am getting a quote from Mikron (again ...spelling?) :D for a .013" drill with 50x diameter LOC/reach. Anyone have ballpark pricing on these, and/or delivery, or any suppliers (FL area))??

Looking at the crazyflex drill line from them, they are basically like a reduced neck endmill, short flute, relieved back xx amount. I need .90" thru, but going to do half and half for a wirestart hole, I know I can get speeds and feeds from website, just curious if any info out there, or experiences...

thanks, Mike

You're on my "friend list" and he is too. Go to my profile and click on his name. Makes it handy.

And you thought it was because I liked you. :D ;)

(just kidding, I actually do.)

Back