What's new
What's new

How to get the x y and z axis to move while the a axis is turning

Murphpau1

Plastic
What gcode can I use to see all the axis moving or at least 2 axis moving at the same time the 4th axis (A) is turning

I am very new to this and while I can move all axis I can't keep the 4th spinning to present a tool to the Chuck

Thanks

Generally it's just adding the coordinates to each axis you are trying to actuate. We need a little more info, Machine brand, type, control, does it even have 4th contouring? Some machines cant handle 4 axis motions simultaneously.

Right. Depends on the control's capacity (options :(). But theoretically and on the most basic level, if all the commands are on the same line all 4 will be active. Caveat; the A Axis has to be in motion throughout the other 3 Axes. So commanding DPM makes this possible in motion control.

R

Thank you both this worked, as for what my machine is that is causing me some issues with things like tuning my motors as I have no data sheets no stickers. All I know is the machine has a sticker CNCEST and the controller Mini CNC Controller.

Thanks for your help

It sorta sounds like you are wanting to just let A spin free and then manipulate the other axi's to that.

That is not "how it's done", but if you really needed to, the control could possibly be modified to get there.
Depends on how bad you want to doo that...

???

-----------------

Sweatin' to the Oldies!
asset.php

Ox

Back