What's new
What's new

Can’t find Fanuc OM parameter in control

Monsieurmark

Plastic
Can’t find Fanuc OM parameter # 5006 in control

Hi and happy xmas all!

Anyone know how to find parameter 5006 in a Fanuc OM?

I see 1 to 3000 ish then 8000 onwards... nothing in the middle. What am I missing that is no doubt right in front of these dim eyes of mine!!

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
I had the same prob as beginnermachinis in this post:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...z-overtravel-alarm-during-tool-change-331537/

At the end, someone suggested:

"Bryan, there is a bit parameter in the settings that will make it where you don't jump suddenly in Z when you change turn on/off the tool compensation or apply a new tool number. I think it might be parameter 5006 bit 6 but not sure if that works on the 16. It does for older fanucs."

I am having to press p-can everytime I change the z work offset (if it is positive) and I don't consider that a permanent fix of course.

I have two old takisawa v2e vmcs, both had 10M controls and I had to change one to an OM control. since then, it really doesn't like positive work offsets. The 10M has no probs.

Stops the machine doing a z jump after atc, which causes a 530 z overtravel. Or so I’ve read on another thread.

Sounds promising! Will check in the morning when I become more human than chocolate again... love Christmas binges! Thanks Bassbrawls.

Last edited:
Finally got into work. @bassbrawls Tried your suggestion, couldn’t find [sv-prm]... seems machtool, you were right. My control is old skool OM. However, I changed parameter 10 to 10000001 to turn 9000 program protect off and had a peek at the tool change program. Before the final m99 in the atc program, there was a G90. I changed the G90 to a G91, and bingo!!! No z jump. For some reason changing absolute to incremental works! No more p-can pie!!!!

Back