What's new
What's new

How to make Fadal turn off spindle air blast on M1

Cole2534

Diamond
Ony my 88HS machine if there's an M1 in the file, say between tool changes, the spindle comes to a stop but the air blast continues. It's more of a nuisance than anything, but compressed air isn't free and it bugs me that if I'm not there to hit the spindle stop button it just vents to atmosphere for no reason. It also does this at the end of a program when I DNC, which sucks because then I can't walk off and let it run a long program without a lot of waste.

Is there a way to stop this via the post or a parameter?

Naturally, I thought of this at the beginning of a 1hr cycle so I can't readily go poke through the control right now.

Ony my 88HS machine if there's an M1 in the file, say between tool changes, the spindle comes to a stop but the air blast continues. It's more of a nuisance than anything, but compressed air isn't free and it bugs me that if I'm not there to hit the spindle stop button it just vents to atmosphere for no reason. It also does this at the end of a program when I DNC, which sucks because then I can't walk off and let it run a long program without a lot of waste.

Is there a way to stop this via the post or a parameter?

Naturally, I thought of this at the beginning of a 1hr cycle so I can't readily go poke through the control right now.
I dont remember my old 88hs doing that. Lets see your program start and finish of each tool (working parts can be takenout)You could have some oriant codes in there and a m6.
if I recall correctly you have to be in the tool release mode and a m6 code called for the air solinoid to work.
someone could have have sliced and diced some wire also. dont know why but Ive seen stupid shit before and to the job at the time there was a reason.
I dont believe there is a parm for it, but worth checking.

BTW you dont have a m8.1 or m7.1 in there do you? thats for mists, just for the hell of it, check to see if you ave mist turned off as someone could have spliced it to read m8 or m7

M19 Spindle Orient will turn shut the air off. Ive gone to ending programs with M19 and then M2 in case it sits for a bit before I get the next parts loaded or, like you when a M01, Ill preface it with M19.

I dont remember my old 88hs doing that. Lets see your program start and finish of each tool (working parts can be takenout)You could have some oriant codes in there and a m6.
if I recall correctly you have to be in the tool release mode and a m6 code called for the air solinoid to work.
someone could have have sliced and diced some wire also. dont know why but Ive seen stupid shit before and to the job at the time there was a reason.
I dont believe there is a parm for it, but worth checking.

BTW you dont have a m8.1 or m7.1 in there do you? thats for mists, just for the hell of it, check to see if you ave mist turned off as someone could have spliced it to read m8 or m7

%
O2509 (WELD GROOVE)
(MACHINE)
( DESCRIPTION: FADAL VMC 4020)
(T7 D=0.125 CR=0.015 - ZMIN=-0.3125 - BULLNOSE END MILL - 1/8" BULLNOSE ENDMILL)
(T8 D=0.125 CR=0. TAPER=118DEG - ZMIN=-0.375 - DRILL - 1/8)
N10G0G17G40G80G90
N12G0H0Z0.
(DRILL6)
N14G9
N16M5M6T8(1/8)
N18M3S1530
N20E1
N22X8.4375Y0.
N24H8Z0.5M7
N26G4P2000
N28G17
N30G0Z0.1

snip

N224M5M9
N226H0Z0.
N228E0X0.Y0.
N230M2
%
No, now 7.1 or 8.1

M19 Spindle Orient will turn shut the air off. Ive gone to ending programs with M19 and then M2 in case it sits for a bit before I get the next parts loaded or, like you when a M01, Ill preface it with M19.
Are you manually adding this or did you do it in the post?

I dont have a full cam (just enough of an old program that will spit out the paths, I do everything else long hand. So its manually added, but so is everything else I do :D

you have and M7 in line 24
What happens when you goto mdi and TYPE M01 or M1 any air?
then type in M7 see if you get air or coolant only
Type in M9 to cancle
Type in M8 and see what you get air or coolant only.
Type in M9
if you get any air with typing in m7 its likely that the person before you had it hooked up to air for one of the coolant codes.
M9 will cancel M7 and M8
If I recall M7 is a secondary coolant, M8 is primary so check in MDI

also check the parms by typing setp make sure mist is off.

one other thing some machines dont allow 2 M codes on the same line, I forget if its the older fadals older fanucs mx controls or hass control. what happens is your 1st m function will read but not the second one on the same line.

Heres some more info on your parm from the fadal parm book

Machine parms Page 2 on your Fadal control

M7-FLOOD M8-MIST ENTER M7, M8 PREFERENCE
1)M7 IS FLOOD COOLANT, M8 IS MIST
2)M8 IS FLOOD COOLANT, M7 IS MIST
The operator may select either M7 or M8 as the flood coolant code. This selects
the appropriate electrical outlet on the back of the machine.

We have 4 Fadals one of them does this same thing, all running same code. I would love an answer to this.

Found this old thread when searching some other stuff. Orginally I solved the problem by ending each program with an M19 and that worked well enough. Now I add a tool change call, that stops the air and brings up the first tool for the next run.

But...I found this thread because I was.poking around my machine yesterday and noticed an auxiliary air solenoid. Probably used for an air indexer in a past life, but I don't know which M code it might use.

Any guesses? First thought is M18 or M20. Naturally, this occurred to me away from the shop.

I want to attempt to use it to clean out my soft jaws. My thought is to port the jaws with air holes and a hose fitting, then run a short cycle to blow the chips off before I open the vise(s).

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

There should be a solenoid that turns on and off with the spindle. It controls the air flow to the nose seal to keep contaminants out.

Back