How many Fadal'ers are in here? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I have a 3016L in my garage/shop. It's also the all cast iron version. It was kind of fun watching the riggers bring it in with the forklift on top of my old driveway.

I've had it for about 2 and a half years and I am still amazed at its performance compared to my old Mikini 1610 and it was cheaper as well.

It fits my needs 200%

pete

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The shop I work in has four Fadals. One was KIA. One is screwed up so bad it took a second tech to fix the first service techs f'ups. The first replaced so many parts it should be a new machine by now, but it don't run at the moment. The other two run okay, I guess. Not my shop and was told not my concern.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My '84 I posted about earlier is still going strong, but at times I really want a full enclosure and a faster control. I can't really envision anything from another manufacturer under $10k-$15k that would be a meaningful upgrade, so I'm actually thinking about putting some more money into this one. Upgrading to -4 boards, putting a dual nozzle fogbuster on it and engineering a better smoke/mist extraction system. Seems crazy to put multi thousands of dollars into a machine this old, but I don't see anything better for where I'm at business-wise. I'd love to get a small Brother or Robodrill, but my throughput is too low/inconsistent to feel great about financing one.