What's new
What's new

How to measure lenght of haimer 3d sensor with stylus on reinshaw TS27R touch probe ?

cracker0

Plastic
Got new job on acramatic 2100 i got stupid question :) how to set lenght of 3d sensor on touch probe if both got stylus ? I need help or answer where TS27R has its Z zero point i know its not stylus as for now when i set lenght of 3d sensor on stylus and measure part with it (set Z=0) tools measured with touch probe has 36 mm diffrence in lenght

Set a tool on the tool setter. Use it to skim a face on a piece of material. Note the absolute Z position. Zero the Haimer on the machined face and manually set it's offset.

Tell me if i get it right lets say i mill part with a facemill dont set z0 on it just
note z position by absolute u mean reference ? sorry i worked on heidenhain 13 yrs without touch probe only with 3d sensor

hy / zero a rigid plane by whatever method

put the 3D taster in contact with that surface until you are at desired position on the dial

desired position on the dial :
... some guys consider only a smooth arming of 0.3 .. 0.5, just like on a comparator ( thus dial from random_value to random_value+0.5 )
... others guys consider 0 on the dial

depends how you use the taster : in relative or in absolute mode

absolute mode is relevant more at side contact, and less at Z contactm unless a 3D shape is measured :)

sorry i worked on heidenhain 13 yrs without touch probe only with 3d sensor

google some tutorials for the 3d senzor :)

paste here the ones that make sense to you, if you wish for me ( someone else ) to check them :)

I don't need any tutoring for 3d taster it has 2mm from contact point on material to zero just want to get rid of this overtravel that tools measured on touch probe has in any kind of method

I don't need any tutoring for 3d taster it has 2mm from contact point on material to zero

sorry, i got it wrong :) you can also use it like a comparator ... arming the spring only 0.5 will/may deliver more accurate results

just want to get rid of this overtravel that tools measured on touch probe has in any kind of method

i hope i got it right : you need to calibrate the TS27R ? i am sorry, but i dont know, and also i dont see the conection between TS27R and the haimer

however, if you can not fix it, i would recomand shifting Z from program for such tools :)

... TS27R should have instructions ?

cracker0,

I would do as gregormarwick was suggesting:
- Choose a small end mill, measure it's length with the Tool Setter as usual.
- Use the end mill to mill a flat in a piece of scrap.
- Make a note of the Machine Z position for this flat.
- Load the Haimer and touch-off on the newly milled flat.
- Compare the Machine Z for the Haimer at touch-off with the Machine Z for the end mill when it milled the flat.
- The difference in Z height is added/subtracted to the length of the tool offset for the end mill to find the tool offset for the Haimer.

When I did this for my mill, I did it twice using two different end mills, just to make sure it was repeatable. Well within 0.001" on my old-style analog Haimer.

--Bryan

sorry, i got it wrong :) you can also use it like a comparator ... arming the spring only 0.5 will/may deliver more accurate results

i hope i got it right : you need to calibrate the TS27R ? i am sorry, but i dont know, and also i dont see the conection between TS27R and the haimer

however, if you can not fix it, i would recomand shifting Z from program for such tools :)

... TS27R should have instructions ?

TS27R is calibrated
All i want is to set offsets of material with haimer on material with haimer including Z=0

Other tools is measured on touch probe..
i can't measure lenght of haimer on touch probe that don't make a sense to me they both got stylus and both bend right ?
i even try to bypass that with makin a shaft same lenght as TS27R on grinder and set lenght of haimer on it than set Z=0 on material...
every tool that lenght is set on touch probe has oversize in lenght

cracker0,

I would do as gregormarwick was suggesting:
- Choose a small end mill, measure it's length with the Tool Setter as usual.
- Use the end mill to mill a flat in a piece of scrap.
- Make a note of the Machine Z position for this flat.
- Load the Haimer and touch-off on the newly milled flat.
- Compare the Machine Z for the Haimer at touch-off with the Machine Z for the end mill when it milled the flat.
- The difference in Z height is added/subtracted to the length of the tool offset for the end mill to find the tool offset for the Haimer.

When I did this for my mill, I did it twice using two different end mills, just to make sure it was repeatable. Well within 0.001" on my old-style analog Haimer.

--Bryan

Yes i agree its best solution i will try it soon i get 2morrow to work...
Ehh life was easier on Haidenhain with 3d sensor as T0 and 50mm z-offset gage to set lenght of other tools :)

I don't have a Renishaw Touch Probe on the machines I currently have, so take this as another example of a way to use the 3D Taster.

I use an Edge Dial indicator height gage for setting my tool length offsets:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-arxsr...etter_angle__98713.1390695702.600.650.png?c=2

The top of the above gage while sitting on the table is my base Z Zero for all of my tools. The distance from that base Z Zero to the top of the part is entered into the control as my Z offset.

When I use my Hamer in conjunction with this system, I simply bring the probe down onto the gage until the dial on the gage reads zero (just like setting a tool offset), because the spring in the Hamer is much stiffer than the spring on the gage, it doesn't move at all. I can then set that position as my "tool height offset" for the Hamer. When I probe a Z position with the Hamer, I bring it down until it just registers at .010", then at .001" then at .0001". This gives me a reasonably precise indication of my Z position of the part in reference to the top of the gage. I say reasonably precise, because it usually gives me an error of .0015". I'm not sure if this is hysteresis in the system, or expansion of the spindle under rotational forces.

Another way I used to do it was set my facemill using the above gage, then bolt a piece if aluminum to the table that was slightly taller than my gage. I then decked that off using the facemill. Now I had a permanent place on the table to set my Hamer (I got sick of having something bolted to the table so it went away).

I apologize if this doesn't make sense (it is kind of hard to put into words).

on haidenhain u dont have anykind of problems with that cause it has "magic" tool=0 its lenght and radius equals 0 and is always in spindle when u dont have a t code programmed i used something similar to yours gage mine was 50mm height but dont set lenght of hamer on it i dont belive its truthfull when gage bend and hamer has 2 i was setting z0 with hamer on material all other tools was set on gage contact point substracted by 50

so you are trying to get the offset for the 3d taster ?

more exactly, you are trying to get the offset for the 3d taster in position 0 ?

if so, than i can tell you that you dont need the TS27R, and you dont even need the table ...

you must know the location of the Z_base_offset_plane, which is somewhere on the Z axis :)

try to calibrate so Z offset represents a real distance, between tool nose and spindle gage line or something :)

i dont know your machine, so i cant help you with that, thus i dont know if it is possible for you :)

also you may try to calibrate the origins, so to show real distances relative to table

each program is calling tool_corection and reference_system

calibrate tool_corections towards up

calibrate refrence_system towards down

this will deliver a determined cnc, allowing you to declare origins without being near the machine :)

also you may try to calibrate the origins, so to show real distances relative to table

each program is calling tool_corection and reference_system

calibrate tool_corections towards up

calibrate refrence_system towards down

this will deliver a determined cnc, allowing you to declare origins without being near the machine :)

I know that i dont need anything else if i have 3d taster to set offsets of material but wanted to use touch probe for every other tool exept taster got my solution 2 users give me what i need :) or understood what i want...

I JUST got a 3D taster!
i would think the simplest answer would be to set the Haimer off your machine setter and shift Tool length offset equivalent to the stroke of the haimer where it reads zero.
perhaps i misunderstood the problem.

DOH! question answered..

I JUST got a 3D taster!
i would think the simplest answer would be to set the Haimer off your machine setter and shift Tool length offset equivalent to the stroke of the haimer where it reads zero.
perhaps i misunderstood the problem.

u get it quite right but when u do that it will have somekind of error in measurement cause touch probe has stylus same as taster both are bending...

u get it quite right but when u do that it will have somekind of error in measurement cause touch probe has stylus same as taster both are bending...

please, i really can not understand what you mean about bending ...

is my english limited skills :)

what country r u from i translate it for u or check TS27R manual and look on page 10 they say picture is worth more than 1000 words :)

Back