What's new
What's new

How to operate Harrison 400 with Fanuc cotrol (alpha)

yurirevenge

Plastic
How to operate Harrison 400 with Fanuc cotrol (alpha)

i know all thing but i still have not any idea about Op . no

and how to input a program from Rs232 to machine

css and how to activate it

Op no. is just the program number. Starts with the letter "O" and has 4 numbers, like O1234.

Assuming the control is newer than a 6T, if the control is set to receive programs via RS232, loading a program is done in edit mode with the softkeys: O1234 <read> <exec>.

CSS is called by G96, as in G96 S400 M03. That will set cutting speed to 400 sfm. You turn it off with G97- so G97 S400 M03 will set the spindle to 400 rpm.

Some of the Harrison lathes used a Fanuc PowerMate or QuickPanel for the control and some funky Harrison built data entry panel. I "think" gregormarwick" on the forum has some experience with these. Maybe he will chime in.

@OP, would you post pictures of your control panel so we will better know what your control system is.

Op no. is just the program number. Starts with the letter "O" and has 4 numbers, like O1234.

Assuming the control is newer than a 6T, if the control is set to receive programs via RS232, loading a program is done in edit mode with the softkeys: O1234 <read> <exec>.

CSS is called by G96, as in G96 S400 M03. That will set cutting speed to 400 sfm. You turn it off with G97- so G97 S400 M03 will set the spindle to 400 rpm.

57348126_840815169604343_4666801113238863872_n.jpg

57598409_436210540473114_6390163836044836864_n.jpg

this is when i click on op no and click EDIT

whats shall i do ?

send the file first and then enter edit ? or what

What you have there is a unique Harrison implementation of a Fanuc motion controller. Hopefully someone with experience on this particular Harrison setup will see this thread and try to help.

What you have there is a unique Harrison implementation of a Fanuc motion controller. Hopefully someone with experience on this particular Harrison setup will see this thread and try to help.

thanks i only need to send any program nc to the machine via port rs232

wait any help

There are two different setups for the
"Harrison Alpha" lathes.

One has a standard Fanuc (21i) control that behaves as a normal Fanuc control as to input and output and programming.....
Additionally there is a second operating system that is user select able. That runs the "Alpha" operating system, with the Fanuc running behind.
Not an expert here but i believe the Alpha setup is really designed for user input at the keyboard (MDI)
There is an RS232 interface , but I think the Alpha side will only accept its own unique code ...Harrison did offer offline programming tools (CAM) that would output the Alpha code....

Unfortunately, your machine appears to be the second Harrison "Alpha" setup..that is it only has the "Alpha " operating system.(can't run in native Fanuc)..which means ,i believe, that you can only import or export
native "Alpha" code to the control....Which really leaves MDI as your primary programming mode.....
Perhaps someone with more hands on experience will add to this....

Cheers Ross

View attachment 254718

View attachment 254719

this is when i click on op no and click EDIT

whats shall i do ?

send the file first and then enter edit ? or what

First, the only way to send programs to the alpha is using the alpha-link software that Harrison originally supplied with this machine.

If you don't have it, you can acquire a copy from SuperDraft in the uk. It's not too expensive.

Next, there are two types of data you can transfer between the computer and the lathe: manual ops, which is what you are looking at in your pictures, and cam which is a basic cam program made in alphalink and transferred to the lathe by pressing the cam softkey.

First, the only way to send programs to the alpha is using the alpha-link software that Harrison originally supplied with this machine.

If you don't have it, you can acquire a copy from SuperDraft in the uk. It's not too expensive.

Next, there are two types of data you can transfer between the computer and the lathe: manual ops, which is what you are looking at in your pictures, and cam which is a basic cam program made in alphalink and transferred to the lathe by pressing the cam softkey.

no another program can i use it for free istead of alphalink ???

Back