What's new
What's new

How to reset base offsets back to zero on siemens 840d?

markp

Hot Rolled
In the process of setting up my DMG DMC103 I think I may have accidentally set my base offsets to the wrong place. I am getting software limit errors when I try to run a program now. Does anyone know how to reset them back to zero? I see lots of talk about it online but no one actually seems to describe in plain English how to do it.

Or any other machine I would assume it’s where the machine sends itself at reference but this machine has glass scales so it only moves a few millimeters when it references itself. Never moves back to some global starting point.

Are you sure that you are not running out of travel due to when your in swivel? Possibly your work offset when its in transformation and your tool length are causing the problem? Just throwing ideas out.

Rube siemens mistake, I used base zero to set my WCS at some point in my first attempt at setting up tools and work offsets. I didnt realize that base zero is siemens speak for machine coordinate system. I see that every 840d seems to have a different way to reset this usually involving setting parameters, but on the DMG its just a matter to selecting "base" in the scratch window and setting all the axis to zero. I had the z axis off by about 18" so it gave Z errors when trying to run a program. I reset and now I can run programs fine.

Attachments

• scratch.jpg
    scratch.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 250

Back