What's new
What's new

How to solve Fanuc 31i controller hmc concentricity error ?

Nickpatel

Plastic
We have doosan hmc with fanuc 31i controller

If we put puppet dial at high point of centre bore of table in zero degree and
then rotate it by 180 degree shows error of 50 micron on dial

Can anyone tell me that how to solve it?

Sent from my SM-M515F using Tapatalk

We have doosan hmc with fanuc 31i controller

If we put puppet dial at high point of centre bore of table in zero degree and
then rotate it by 180 degree shows error of 50 micron on dial

Can anyone tell me that how to solve it?

Gravity, it not just a good idea. Its the Law.

You need a different type of indicator. Puppet Dials are very unreliable in a environment where gravity exists.

Gravity, it not just a good idea. Its the Law.

You need a different type of indicator. Puppet Dials are very unreliable in a environment where gravity exists.

I read the question perhaps differently

I THINK he is saying that there's a bore in the center of his machine pallet. They are usually for locating a tombstone or fixture. And that bore runs out 50 microns to the rotation of the rotary table.

And my answer to that is, you don't adjust it. That's where it was machined. Unless the machine was crashed hard and somehow the whole table runs out. But then you'd have more issues than only the bore running out.

I might be wrong, maybe it's a language issue and he's picking up a bore in line with the spindle, but that's how I read it.

I read the question perhaps differently

I THINK he is saying that there's a bore in the center of his machine pallet. They are usually for locating a tombstone or fixture. And that bore runs out 50 microns to the rotation of the rotary table.

And my answer to that is, you don't adjust it. That's where it was machined. Unless the machine was crashed hard and somehow the whole table runs out. But then you'd have more issues than only the bore running out.

I might be wrong, maybe it's a language issue and he's picking up a bore in line with the spindle, but that's how I read it.
Thanks for your reply

Can you tell me how we can make 2 bores concentric if will make it first in B0 degree and then in B180 degree.

For our next project bore concentricity will be require in 15 micron.

So how we can find exact centre of rotatation of X?

Edge find or probe an edge at B0, index to B180 and edge find or probe the same edge.
Add the 2 X positions and divide by 2.

This could also be solved in the code with G54.2 or G68.2 depending on how the control is optioned. Both can compensate for off-center rotation.

Thanks for your reply

Can you tell me how we can make 2 bores concentric if will make it first in B0 degree and then in B180 degree.

Well if you bored from one side, then the other side, and you measure them 50 microns off, move your work coordinate 25 microns in X.

Or leave it alone, and bore the 2nd hole with a different work coordinate, 50 microns off.

If I understood correctly in your first post, that the bore in the center of the table runs out 50 microns, that means nothing. It could run out 100mm, you can still bore 2 holes in line with each other

Well if you bored from one side, then the other side, and you measure them 50 microns off, move your work coordinate 25 microns in X.

Or leave it alone, and bore the 2nd hole with a different work coordinate, 50 microns off.

If I understood correctly in your first post, that the bore in the center of the table runs out 50 microns, that means nothing. It could run out 100mm, you can still bore 2 holes in line with each other
Thanks for your reply :)

Typically when I need to doo what you are asking, I will reach through from the 2nd side with - whatever fits, and indicate the first hole on the other end.

-----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back