What's new
What's new

HT-20 Servo Not Powering - Need Help

B.Reilly01

Aluminum
I have a 1986? Hitachi Seiki HT-20. Yesterday I left it powered on for a few hours and came back and the screen was black. Lights on the switches were still on and it looked like it was still running. No response from the controls - wierd. So I power off power on and everything looks right as rain. I write my program in conversational (Seiki Multi) and go to transfer the program over to run. When I go to zero-return the lathe, nothing happens. I power on, select Operation, hit standby. I hear some contactors flip and the hydraulic pressure for the chuck comes up, but the servos don't seem to power on and the chuck will not operate. There are no errors or alarms shown. It's acting like it does when it's low on way-lube, but I just topped it up and it's not showing the alarm. Any help would be appreciated. I do not have a wiring diagram. I checked for tripped breakers and could not find anything tripped in the power cabinet. I do not see any in the control cabinet. Pressed every reset button I could find.

Back