What's new
What's new

Hurco CTS Filter

billyghog

Plastic
Anyone have a source for a Hurco CTS filter? This is for my 2014 VM20i which uses a VMX CTS system. The Hurco part number is 513-5009-040, which I've figured out is a Granch PRF70KEVW25MEPE filter.

Hurco wants $1,730 for a new one and my Hurco distributor wants $1,830! And this is for a maintenance/replacement part that you're supposed to change every 500 hours. That's $3.50/hour in just filter costs...

Found one on eBay for $400, but the filter media looks a lot different. And I found a PRF70K25MEPE (missing "EVW" from the middle of the part number) from Compressor Filter Supply, LLC - for $198. I've ordered two of those hoping their right or good enough!

Anyone been through this and have a good solution that's not stupid expensive?

I know this is an old thread. I have a 2020 hurco with CTS and the filter plugged. My coworker has ordered us a few spares and I wanted to post this for anyone still searching. We bought PEP20020-10-25SS-V it physically fits and seals properly and looks to have a 10 micron rating. I think the original PRF number listed above has a 25 micron rating. I don't know how fast it will plug up, but given the rating size it should be adequate filtration. Just FYI and to close out a thread in case someone else comes looking:
Here is a link with a filter for roughly $140.
NATIONAL FILTERS Part Number PEP200201025SSV
Hopefully this will help someone else.
Thanks to all, keep the spindles turning.
Greg

Back