Hurco Featurecam Post Processor (With Rotary Table)
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hurco Featurecam Post Processor (With Rotary Table)

Hi All

Im wondering if anyone can help me. Im new to the CNC world but have just purchased my first lathe and Mill. (long story about developing a product and deciding wether to outsource the manufacturing or bring it in house)

The Lathe is a CMZ TA20 and the Mill, Hurco VM10i.

The lathe arrived first, so I taught myself featurecam via some onine video tutorials. The Mill has now arrived, and although I do really like the conversational programming, I love featurecam and think I will still program a lot of my parts this way. From doing a bit of research, it seems that the fanuc post wont work straight out of the box with lots of people saying they needed to mod it.

My question is, Is there anyone that has a working post for the VM10i (I have a H200 rotary table attached) and would be willing to be so kind as to let me have it... and if not, can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I need to change in the fanuc post to get it working myself.

Thanks guys, look forward to posting more of my results as I get further down the rabbit hole....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll point you in the direction of the software developer.

R

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I cant work out if thats sarcastic or not Rob, If its not... Then please do. Nice one

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Whats the name of your shop? I'm sure Glenn McMinn would be happy to give you the post for free. Since you are right in the heart of Delcam heaven they have a really nice training center.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My shop dosn't have a name (yet) its a completely new venture and step into the unknown. Im based just outside London in the UK.

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio01 View Post
    My shop dosn't have a name (yet) its a completely new venture and step into the unknown. Im based just outside London in the UK.
    Oh? well If you get a name let me know. I have the Hurco post you are looking for that I built for the Ultimax when I was a developer/beta tester for EGS.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio01 View Post
    I cant work out if thats sarcastic or not Rob, If its not... Then please do. Nice one
    It's safer to assume that I am being sarcastic, less hurt feelings that way. Generally it's bad etiquette to ask for a post processor. G-coder is being very generous IMO. If someone asked me for a Mastersuk PP for OSP5020, I'd laugh, and have in the past. Or I would sell it for 10k. If you purchased the software, the the developers should give you a working PP for any machine you have. Obviously every developer has their own stipulations and policies. And I can't speak for DelCam (FeatureCam). But others are a little sensitive.

R

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Under Delcam we always got free posts. Has this changed under Autodesk? or are you running a bootleg copy of featurecam and cant get support?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snapatap View Post
    Under Delcam we always got free posts. Has this changed under Autodesk? or are you running a bootleg copy of featurecam and cant get support?
    That's why people are leary.

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snapatap View Post
    I'm leaning more towards a bootlegged copy. Iv'e been with Featurecam since their conception by Engineering Geometry Systems and I have always been given free post. And speaking of post, You get a weeks worth of training when you buy Featurecam and one day of that is using Xbuild and creating post from scratch. Xbuild is the easiest builder I have found and can build a post for about any application you would ever need in a few hours. And the fact he hasn't said what version he is on doesn't help. FCam is not backwards compatible.

Another thing that is a red flag is he is just next door to the Delcam world headquarters in London. No reason not to have access to anything Featurecam has to offer.

G-coder is being very generous IMO
    Haha, Actually I'm not really. I'm just dangling the carrot in front of him until he can produce a licence. I have exactly what he needs for that Ultimax. I can see why hes having a hard time with a post since that goofy control swaps axis values once it reaches the R plane in canned cycles.

I was going to be nice, I converted the post to a .TXT file and was going to give it to him just to see if he could figure out how to convert it back but PM wont let me attach the file......