What's new
What's new

HURCO KM3 HELP!! Servo Fault

Niczip

Plastic
Hi,

Okay…… So here goes, I have had my Hurco KM3 for a little over 2 years now at my home garage, I just use it for small jobs. Well the other day I went to go turn it on as I usually do, as soon as I went to calibrate the machine it pulled the Z up and started moving X (normal) as soon as X got towards the end of its travel on X it gave me a servo fault error than the usual “press manual, reset, start” when an error occurs. Since then I have been trouble shooting (to the best of my ability). The machine is now down for me and I don’t think a retrofit is in my budget so I’m praying you guys can point me in the right direction or offer some sort of support. I have checked all my servo connections, I have ruled out Over travel on X by rotating the ball screw and manually bringing x back. I have checked all fuses.

(Note: the machine worked fine up until the other day when I turned it on)

I notice this sequence during attempt to start the machine……. So normal procedure is manual mode, reset spindle/servo, then depress power and start, then calibrate machine. During this process when I press the power start combination I hear the high pitched whine (normal) and I hear the contactor pull in, there is then a small delay before the fault is set.

Please let me know if you can offer any support.

Once again thanks and I hope I can avoid a large boat anchor sitting in my garage.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1061.jpg
    IMG_1061.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 68

Back