What's new
What's new

Hurco sm1cnc display help

DonMarkey

Plastic
I went to use it today and no display. Well a little glow near the bottom of the crt. Everything else worked as I jogged the machine around and used it like a manual mill to get the job done. Where should I start it has a z axis monitor? 1984 make machine.
Thanks
Don

I made a bracket to mount a regular monitor to our hurco ,unplug the touch screen and plug into the monitor.You have to use the keyboard function keys instead of the soft keys on the side of the touchscreen.Cheap fix.

Thanks. I picked up a 9” monitor from eBay for $37 and it works. All I need to do is make a bracket and it will mount in where the old crt was. Sure beats the $750 estimate I got for a repair.
Don

We have used Dotronix for our Hurco monitor repair for a very long time. Prices have always been pretty reasonable. Pretty sure your old monitor is a Ball, as most of the B and BX machines used the same monitor. You might just contact them with yours. It would be interesting to find out if they are still as reasonable as they were in the past.

Home - Dotronix Technology, Inc.

LCD Monitor Upgrade
Unfortunately I haven't been as succesful as others so I've had to dig into this a little deeper.

Recent Discoveries:
Specifically it's EIA RS170 Composite Video. (Thanks Rooster!)

1981 Original CRT Display:
Ball Electronics Display Division
model: CD9
part number: 7-022-0108

1997 Replacement CRT Monitor:
Z-Axis Display
model: V109AM071

Back