What's new
What's new

Hurco VM10Ui and VM10UHSi.

R_mantis

Plastic
Hello!
does anyone know the prices of these two machines or have some feedback about them?
Thanks in advance.

I own a VM10Ui.

With our options it was about $175K without thru spindle coolant.

Im guessing the HSi will be closer to 200K because of the spindle chiller.

I like the VM10Ui alot. Its a great entry level 5 axis mill. Much better than a Haas VF2 or 3 with a trunnion slapped onto it.

Your flooring and foundation need to be right. You probably want to invest in centerline probing which is about $10K I believe.

Id also recommend shrink fit toolholders and those will cost about $15K with the shrink machine. Fixturing youll also need.

Since you saw my post on your other thread thats all im gonna say. If you only want to spend $50K its way out of your price range.

I own a VM10Ui.

With our options it was about $175K without thru spindle coolant.

Im guessing the HSi will be closer to 200K because of the spindle chiller.

I like the VM10Ui alot. Its a great entry level 5 axis mill. Much better than a Haas VF2 or 3 with a trunnion slapped onto it.

Your flooring and foundation need to be right. You probably want to invest in centerline probing which is about $10K I believe.

Id also recommend shrink fit toolholders and those will cost about $15K with the shrink machine. Fixturing youll also need.

Since you saw my post on your other thread thats all im gonna say. If you only want to spend $50K its way out of your price range.
Thank you for you reply, i guess i gave up on the whole 50k thing, now i'm exploring other financing options so i'm looking for machines at 100-150k that's why i'm asking about this one. I'm also interested in the dmg mori hsc 20, do you have an idea about its price?

Thank you for you reply, i guess i gave up on the whole 50k thing, now i'm exploring other financing options so i'm looking for machines at 100-150k that's why i'm asking about this one. I'm also interested in the dmg mori hsc 20, do you have an idea about its price?

DMG MORI HSC 20

HSC 20 linear - 5 Axis Milling by DMG MORI

I haven't had that quoted to me etc. but I'm guessing it has to be at least $400K* and depending on options could sneak up to near $600K.

Linear 5 axis (gantry/bridge style) machines are not cheap. + DMG MORI.

* Probably not below $375K

Nice to learn that @Metalmadness likes his VM10Ui.

@R_mantis do you need sim-5 axis or just positional ?

If you need only positional then I could see this thread turning into a Brother Vs Fanuc Robodrill (5 axis) thread.

You can also get financing on second hand machines too.

Well if that is the case, the VM10 series 5 axis machines would be good. The work envelope is larger than what you need. Unless you need the higher speed spindle, the 10Ui should be just fine.

It may also be worth checking out the Haas UMC 500, i believe that starts off around $125K. Not sure if it is worth it in your region. DMG is going to be quite expensive. Matsuura maaaaaaybe will have something close to 200K but I really don't know,

2019 I spent a lot of time shopping for a budget 5 axis, the company never balled up and pulled the trigger but I got some cool factory tours and lunches out of the deal. At the time I felt that the Mazak 500a/5x was the best machine for the money in our price range. I think it was like $215k roughly with most of the options. This was against Haas and Hurco which were similarly priced. I started to get a Doosan quote but by that time it was clear they weren't going to buy a machine. Okuma and DMG Mori were very nice but way over our budget.

There's several used Haas UMC 750s on ebay for sale, one of them is only $84k. Might be worth a look.

Back