What's new
What's new

Hurco VMX 24/2007 Ultimax4 - unexpected problems.

valterroque

Aluminum
Hurco
VMX24S / 2007
Ultimax4

Hello
I came here in the hope that someone can help me solving this problems.
My 2007 VMX24 its given me a few unexpected problems. It has being working without any problems for a year.

*First, one day was working perfectly, closed for the weekend and next time i power it on there was no power to the control.
All back end was working but front end nothing. With the help of Bloke from UK and some trial and error, the problem was traced to the Graphic card. It was fried. Uff.. better than the CPU board:willy_nilly:

*Second, in the attempt to solve the first issue, i replaced the CMOS battery, but then it would not detect the HDD.
Again, with the help of Bloke finally the machine start up. VGA plugged to the CPU card and some CMOS settings changed and voila, it powers all.:D

So, i did a warm up cycle, setup the tools, place a part on the vice, made the part-zero and finally try to pass the CAM program from Desktop to machine with my usual FTP and ( cannot connect to server)nothing.:confused:
It was working flawlessly before.

I am guessing that the bios maybe changed something but i am totally clueless about what.

The desktop, router, and machine are all in the same IP range. There is connection and activity on the 3COM board/Green and orange lights blinking. I can connect to Router and the router show connection on LAN A port, however i cannot connect to the Machine. Tried with laptop and the same.

I am getting very depress here, mostly because i have to make 100 Km everyday and i am not doing nothing for the last 2 weeks. This is a one man shop with limited resources and there is no Hurco service near by.
Maybe i am doing something wrong but cannot figure out what.

I will order a USB floppy adapter for temporary solution but still it will take a few days to arrive.
I post a few photos below of the ultinet setup and a link to a video of the Board connection.

Please help

Regards

Shared album - valterMQ - Google Photos

Attachments

• IMG_20181205_150208.jpg
    IMG_20181205_150208.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20181205_150258.jpg
    IMG_20181205_150258.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20181205_151102.jpg
    IMG_20181205_151102.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 156
Did you try selecting Auto 10/100?
Can you ping the machine’s IP address (192.168.1.200) from a computer on that same LAN and subnet?

Did you try selecting Auto 10/100?
Can you ping the machine’s IP address (192.168.1.200) from a computer on that same LAN and subnet?

Yes i have changed to auto also. Did not work as well.
I have read somewhere that it cannot be done (ping) on Ultimax4. Only on Winmax.
Thanks for reply.

Yes i have changed to auto also. Did not work as well.
I have read somewhere that it cannot be done (ping) on Ultimax4. Only on Winmax.
Thanks for reply.

Did you try pinging it? Maybe they are blocking/dropping ICMP packets (ping), but you don't know unless you try.

If you get a ping response, that means that the Ethernet interface is up/configured at that IP address.

You can also do broadcast pings to see what other machines/devices are on your network.

Did you try pinging it? Maybe they are blocking/dropping ICMP packets (ping), but you don't know unless you try.

If you get a ping response, that means that the Ethernet interface is up/configured at that IP address.

You can also do broadcast pings to see what other machines/devices are on your network.

Hi, from desktop via router ( destination host unreachable)

From laptop directly ( destination host unreachable)

From desktop to router ok.

From laptop to desktop via router ok

From desktop to laptop via router ok

Good news
Bios, Cmos, IRQs settings tweaked and voila.
Thank you for the help in particular to Hurco Engineer.
Still a few glitches to address later.

Back