What's new
What's new

Hurco VMX 30

Evlyn

Plastic
Hi all,

I have an issue with my 2007 Hurco VMX 30. I get a servo fault spindle alarm every time a spindle stop is commanded. It doesn't matter if it is a programmed stop or if I push the spindle off button. Both result in an alarm. The spindle sounds fine mechanically.
Any ideas on where I should begin my search to correct this issue?

Ray

There is one alarm ...AL-11, which is an over voltage alarm. It is a 230v machine. I have 262v and phase 1, 260 on phase 2 and 256v on phase 3. That is the voltage coming in from the power company.

There is one alarm ...AL-11, which is an over voltage alarm. It is a 230v machine. I have 262v and phase 1, 260 on phase 2 and 256v on phase 3. That is the voltage coming in from the power company.

Have you been previously running the machine successfully on this supply, or have you just installed this machine?

I just installed. I inspected the machine at the place I purchased it from. All seemed fine at the time. Although I never actually witnesses the spindle stop. I felt comfortable with the mill so I had it shipped to my shop. I powered it up 3 days ago and everything seemed fine the first day. The second day it wouldn't boot up the computer and found a few alarm messages on the spindle drive. One of which was the over voltage alarm AL-11.
I was able to get the incoming 262v dropped down to 259v by powering up all my equipment inside the shop. The mill fired/booted right up after that.......but that's when the servo fault spindle alarm came in......again it only triggers the alarm at a spindle stop command.

I think you are correct. I remember reading a hurco thread a few months back that stated these machines are sensitive to voltage. Now I just need to figure out how to bring the voltage back within spec. Thank you for your help.

Back