What's new
What's new

HURCO VMX 6030i (How to zero xyz for manual operations?)

TAR-21

Plastic
Hi,

We have a new Hurco VMX 6030i. This is our first Hurco. We often do manual machining operations for set-up purposes etc. On our other machines, we can zero an operator screen in the xyz. We can't find a way to do that quickly on the Hurco. Our AE told us that you have to create a dummy program to do this. That seems kind of ridiculous. Do any of you guys know a simple way to zero the numbers or have something quicker than creating a dummy program and then "teaching" it? Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi,

Do you mean simply to zero your DRO? If it's got new WinMax 9 controler then simply press Input>Part Setup> you should now see your DRO's(machine/part) on top and if you click on bottom X Y Z values you can then press + on pendant or store position on touch screen or type in whatever you want to adjust the DRO.
Hope that helped.

That's what I was doing but I was looking for a relative position that I could zero. I have it now. On the graphics screen, press DRO and it has six columns. In the 6th column, it says REL (Relative). You can zero that one for doing manual operations.
Thanks for your time!

Back