What's new
What's new

Hydraulic Chuck and high RPM

brri

Plastic
Hello,

I am sorry to start a new tread but I have not received a satisfactory answer yet

I have a spindle that goes up to 24k RPM. I want to buy a new chuck and I am not intended to buy Shrink Fit or Rego Fix.

The question is:

Is hydraulic chuck a good choice for high RPM (21k to 24k with a 6mm tool) or its better something like Lyndex, Big Kaiser or Fahrion ?

Thank you in advance for your advice

Hello,

I am sorry to start a new tread but I have not received a satisfactory answer yet

I have a spindle that goes up to 24k RPM. I want to buy a new chuck and I am not intended to buy Shrink Fit or Rego Fix.

The question is:

Is hydraulic chuck a good choice for high RPM (21k to 24k with a 6mm tool) or its better something like Lyndex, Big Kaiser or Fahrion ?

You should consult with Kennametal, or Sandvik. They would have the knowledge to share.

Hello,

The question is:

Quality Hydraulic Chucks definitely have good balance.
Schunk Tendo are a good value, Big Kaiser are about as good as it gets.

Hydraulic chucks work well for high accuracy work like finishing, reaming, deep hole drilling.
The built in dampening effect is nice compared to shrink fit.

Most Hydraulic Chucks are balanced to at least 25k, I'm sure they can go higher upon request.

Hello Brri,

I am Frank, owner of MariTool Inc. I spoke about your situation to my hydraulic tool holder manufacturer. He said no problem. 25,000 rpms and above are just fine for any high quality hydraulic chuck as long as it is balanced and you dont have any flats on your shank.

We do ship worldwide. If you would like us to quote some HSK 6mm shrink holders you can contact me via dm or just go to my website.

You also can't go wrong with Big Kaiser, Schunk, Lyndex, and Fahrion. They make some quality products. Hope this helps.

Back