What's new
What's new

Hyundai HIT 15-s start up

mountainrange

Plastic
hello, I bought two Hyundai hit15s that were under power. I am an electrician by trade and I cannot find anything other than 3 phase 440 on the tag of the machine. so hooked up 3ph 440 to the machine disconnect and turned it on. About ten seconds into loading up we heard a pop and then a second. it blew the soldered fuse on the board on what I believe is a power supply on the bottom of the right hang door on the control cabinet. the second machine is a parts machine I have a spare power supply, but I don't want to swap it out without fixing the problem. any help would be appreciated thanks

if its what i think its a siemens control runs on 400v. was it connected through a transformer?

hit15s have a transformer built in so I applied 440 volts to a step-up transformer which stepped it up to probably well over 1000 volts to the machine. I ended up stealing from the one machine that was not running to fix the the one that was. I blew fuses in one board and fried 3 others, I can't believe I didn't catch it.
a lot of damage was done in several seconds. I was able to put in the parameters today and was trying to get the spindle to turn using MDA. I find the setting to change the max spindle speed as it is set at 100rpm. I cannot get my cursor to select the spindle speed.

Use the up/left diagonal key to select the max rpm section in the axis/ spin page

thanks ended up figure everything out except now I'm getting an error code randomly 9100 servos not ready and 9000 emergency stop. I ran parts on and off most of the day now it won't let me run more than facing the part before it shuts down.

9000+ are going to be machine builder codes. not sure how how yours are wired, but see if you have a wire daisy chained between 'as' inputs/outputs on the drives and see if you get a 24v signal all the way through. if one fails you will loose the signal and should be able to pinpoint the failing drive. the machine I had the 840c control was pretty good, but the 611a drives were just bad.

9000+ are going to be machine builder codes. not sure how how yours are wired, but see if you have a wire daisy chained between 'as' inputs/outputs on the drives and see if you get a 24v signal all the way through. if one fails you will loose the signal and should be able to pinpoint the failing drive. the machine I had the 840c control was pretty good, but the 611a drives were just bad.

thanks are you referring to the main drives or the plc cards.

i can run a program 10 times and it wont throw the 9100 code but as soon as i tun the rapid override from 0 to 10 it faults

Back