What's new
What's new

Hyundai Hit 180 - Fanuc Oi-T turret servo referencing?

carl laniak

Aluminum
Hi everyone,

Hopeful that someone here can either send me in the right direction or help me figure out what to do.
I left this machine off for a long while and upon restarting I'm having issues with the turret indexing.

I've done plenty of reading on threads of other machines, and it appears that each MTB has their own procedure to reference a turret servo/amp after a dead battery situation.

Best option is someone who can tell me the procedure for my particular machine...I've e-mailed a Hyundai customer support address I found through google, but no response yet...not even sure if they'll reply or be familiar with my machine.

I realize if I was a bit better educated on the topic, I could figure it out based on the ladder logic... I am familiar enough to try.....but dangerous enough to spend hours and get nowhere. or worse.
I see the Zero Return - Unclamp - and Forward Switch here on the ladder, but I don't know what MD4 is, or, really anything else about what to do with this...

IMG_20190519_171500.jpg

I've actually gotten it to index inconsistently, but I can't figure out exactly what works and what doesn't...
G50 T0101;
seems to temporarily give it life, but funky things occur after that....ie calling a tool change unclamps the chuck!?

I am imagining I need to alter a parameter to let it know where it is, and then do some combination of shutdown/restart and press some specific keys.

Thanks to anyone who either knows the answer or can spoon feed me the steps to figure it out myself :)

Carl

Attachments

• IMG_20190519_180838.jpg
    IMG_20190519_180838.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 149
Youtube link here for turret reset on a later model Hyundai lathe might be of some help to you, or maybe not? Or try contacting the service staff who made the video for help?? (Hillary LLC, in Tulsa, Oklahoma ???)

YouTube

I am having a problem with mine at the moment, but that is just about resetting the X and Z reference position correctly after a backup battery suddenly went bad on us. CNC service can be a bit sparce down this end of the globe........

Dean.

Untitled.jpg

Here is the procedure.

Unfortunately I think I"m also fighting a dying drive/signal cable/encoder/motor, but I did at least find this info thanks to Machinery Solutions in Lexington, SC, USA.

You can e-mail me if you want the full document that addresses some other stuff about the machine...

carl dot laniak at gmail.com

Youtube link here for turret reset on a later model Hyundai lathe might be of some help to you, or maybe not? Or try contacting the service staff who made the video for help?? (Hillary LLC, in Tulsa, Oklahoma ???)

YouTube

I am having a problem with mine at the moment, but that is just about resetting the X and Z reference position correctly after a backup battery suddenly went bad on us. CNC service can be a bit sparce down this end of the globe........

Dean.

That's a good link to save as Kia support sucks and this is an almost daily occurrence. Especially if you go from an HIT to an SKT-LMS. Can't count how many times iv'e been loading the turret and it pop loose and either fillet an arm with a tool or rattle my noggin with a boring bar. That whole "every action has an equal and opposite reaction" really comes in to play when you have several hundred pounds of tools and turret coming at you.

One of the guys cell shots just after I got my bell rung.
2908.jpg

Back