What's new
What's new

Hyundai Hit 20M with HiTrol control

Don't know much about the machine but know the controller

If it's the siemens 840c and 611a drives I wouldn't bother. Siemens no longer supports, if it needs repair there is still repair but if it's beyond repair start looking at ebay.
And the control isn't that bad it's the drives.

If it has the 840D/611d (still supported) and the right price it may be something worth looking at.

We have three of these lathes, all built around 1999/2000. They are all 840D Siemens components. I've had to replace or repair a few drives over the years but there was never a problem finding replacements. The weak link is the Duplomatic Turret. The main cam wheel and rollers will eventually wear out and the turret will have problems locking up. At first it's intermittent and then it gets progressively worse. the first alarm code you get is an overheated turret motor which leads you down the wrong path (ask me how I know). Macoser is the dealer for Duplomatic in the US and they stock all the parts. They will also rebuild your turret for about 10K. I have rebuilt the turret in each machine and can do it for about $2500 in parts.
If you inspect the machine, Have the operator do a lot of tool changes to see if there is a problem.

Hyundai hit 20M

We have three of these lathes, all built around 1999/2000. They are all 840D Siemens components. I've had to replace or repair a few drives over the years but there was never a problem finding replacements. The weak link is the Duplomatic Turret. The main cam wheel and rollers will eventually wear out and the turret will have problems locking up. At first it's intermittent and then it gets progressively worse. the first alarm code you get is an overheated turret motor which leads you down the wrong path (ask me how I know). Macoser is the dealer for Duplomatic in the US and they stock all the parts. They will also rebuild your turret for about 10K. I have rebuilt the turret in each machine and can do it for about $2500 in parts.
If you inspect the machine, Have the operator do a lot of tool changes to see if there is a problem.

first of all thanks for info
it is a 840D
is the 840D a hard controller to learn ? is it conversational
Thanks in Advanvance

They have conversational programming but the Hyundai manuals aren't as helpful as they could be. I wouldn't say it's a hard control to learn,just different. Plenty of support if you need it so don't let the Siemens control scare you off.

Tedger you are a huge help on this turret. Need software help bad - our 20m is toast

We bought one of these HIT 20M machines a year ago and after 5 repair people we still haven't been able to get it to run 100%- can only move the turret with the jog buttons so can't home it as the dial which works on the spindle won't move the turret. The parameters and ladders have been messed up from what the last tech said and need to be totally replaced. Any way to get a copy of your software - would owe you big time. Our turret has this same intermittent lock up problem and would love to get your parts list and recommendations to rebuild this. The repair guy said that we needed to replace the solenoid on the turret but suspect it needs a lot more after reading your post.
Thank you for your postings.

You should have a copy of the NC and PLC files loaded onto your hard drive when the lathe left the factory. These can be reloaded into the machine to restore the parameters. This needs to be done if the battery ever goes dead. I have the procedure, just need to find it. I also have a manual for the turret on PDF I could send you. Probably got a parts list somewhere also. Send me a PM and I'll try to find this stuff.

Thank you for looking for the turret pdf. At some point one of the repair people changed the NC and PLC files so they are corrupted - so can't reload. One of the repair people got what they thought was the original files and downloaded but they didn't work. So have been looking for several months for a person with this same machine to get a copy of the NC and PLC files.

The tech didn't save the parameter changes in a new file? Ugh....
I sent you a PM along with my Phone number. Take a look and get back to me.
Thanks

Hi . Someone have image ghost from hit20m ?
I Lost some files in my . And now factory no have copy about that..
I buy if nessessary.
Thanks

Back