Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hyundai Kia SKT 200 Alarms

2006 / Hyunday-kia SKT 200 / Fanuc 0i-TC
    Hi everyone.
    I hope someone here can guide me on the right direction troubleshooting this machine.
    Got hold of this machine a few months back and it being shoot down and i have been spending much time cleaning it and troubleshooting alarms.
    Initially was a lot of FANs related alarms (701, 609, etc ) which i manage to clear by just degreasing and cleaning the fans.
    Now i am having a different kind of alarms.
    when i try to MDI command code M03 S1000 the control posts the following alarm : al-32 -center position ng
    If i try to run the spindle in Jog Mode using the dual keys combination the control also outputs the same alarm.

With the Turret have slight different situation.
    In jog mode i can Clamp/ unclamp/ rotate the turret, but if i comand with MDI it gives the following error : al-66 turret index cond. ng
    I understand this might be turret reference procedure to follow as i can see the tool called and the tool in spindle are not coincident.

Al-32 points to some electronic card replacement, however i would like to have other opinions from folks here.

I am not very experience with maintenance, however i would like to give it a shoot before service call.

Thank you in advance.
    Valter

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I seem to recall seeing the center pos ng alarm when the tailstock quill was not fully retracted. Is this machine equipped with one? If it is, try manually jogging the quill out and in, might have a switch sticking or hung up. One old Fanuc machine had to have the tailstock return button held in for about 5 to 10 seconds for it to register at home.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by avto762 View Post
    I seem to recall seeing the center pos ng alarm when the tailstock quill was not fully retracted. Is this machine equipped with one? If it is, try manually jogging the quill out and in, might have a switch sticking or hung up. One old Fanuc machine had to have the tailstock return button held in for about 5 to 10 seconds for it to register at home.

Hi thanks for reply.
    No, it is not equipped with tailstock. It had originally but it was removed and lost to junk over the years by the previous owners. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wouldnt be surprised if it is still the source of your problem. I cant say for sure with your particular machine but I would expect the control is still looking for the required signals from the (now missing) tailstock, depending on what sort of wiring was set up to the tailstock. Might also be related to the turret indexing issue.

Hopefully someone more familiar with your machine will be along to shed some light on it, or with another idea.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a 2006 SKT250 and get that same alarm anytime I try to run a program after startup without first extending the center.

It's undoubtedly some parameter someone set so a machine operator couldn't run a part without the tailstock center in but I haven't figured out how to turn it off so part of my startup routine is to extend the center and retract it in jog mode.

As long as I cycle it once it's happy from that point forward I have no issues. I know yours is missing but if that parameter is set then it wants to see it cycle regardless of whether is exists or not on your machine now.

I get the same thing with a chuck clamp NG message.

The turret ones can be a few things but there needs to be more info. Like does it just appear at power on? Is it only when you ask it to index and it doesn't move? Is it after it moves and tries to reclamp? Does it hang up while trying to move? Need to be more specific on that one.

Hope this helps.

Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for the replies
    Somehow I hope that is the problem. Now need to figure out how to trace that to the parameters page.
    I had initially a phase problem with the hydraulics that would not pressure, but since i change the phase the pressure is there and seems to work fine.
    The chuck clamps and unclumps good.

Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The turret ones can be a few things but there needs to be more info. Like does it just appear at power on? Is it only when you ask it to index and it doesn't move? Is it after it moves and tries to reclamp? Does it hang up while trying to move? Need to be more specific on that one.

Hope this helps.
    I am not near the machine today but from what i recall No alarms appears at power on.
    As i have said i can move the turret in jog mode. However once i command with MDI ex: M03 S1000, EOB, INSERT, cycle start the AL-66 pops up and the turret does not move at all.
    Also If i am not mistaken ( i will confirm tomorrow) once i clear this alarm with reset i cannot work with the turret in jog mode. Its like the machine its waiting for the signal and halts. I need to restart the control. Also if i try to command in MDI no more alarms pop up either with the turret or spindle. But no action at all.

Clicking the system panel key there is a waiting for the signal with 1 on it.

Regards
    Valter

Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Problem solved.

The : al-66 turret index cond. ng

Was a mix of misunderstanding and ignorance from my side(idiot). I was wrongly inputting T01M6 and on this lathes should be T0101.
    I am more used to vertical not lathes.
    Now working fine.

The : al-32 -center position ng

Was the tailstock ( many thanks guys). As machine does not have tailstock i didn't realize that i needed to press either the Forward or Reverse tailstock button.
    Once that pressed, got pressure on the hydraulic gauge and can command the spindle with MDI.

Thank you all for the help.

Country
    PORTUGAL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxian View Post
    I have a 2006 SKT250
    As i was getting prepared to index the turret, i was not able to locate the dots or marks to align the turret.
    Since you have a similar machine, can you post a pic showing where they are?
    I took some photos.
    Maybe i am not looking at the right place?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turret3.jpg   turret2.jpg   turret01.jpg