What's new
What's new

Hyundai Wia Turret Issue

escapethewrmhole

Aluminum
Odd issue that I've never encountered before.

When I turned the power off on the Hyundai 400LC w/Fanuc 0i control today the turret unlocked and slowly turned until the heaviest tool was at the bottom. I turned it back on and indexed the turret no problem; but when i turned it back off again the result was the same it unclamped and slowly rotated down.

Anyone experienced this? I'll call a tech on Monday but if I could fix it this weekend that would be preferable.

Sounds like a check valve issue in the hydraulic valve package. The turret does have hydraulic clamp? If there isn't a check valve in the stack it may be a check in the clamp/unclamp valve. Daryl

Kia and Wia have the worst turrets I have ever had to deal with. That turret coming unlocked can not only be a pain in the ass But down right dangerous. Ive had them come un-clamped while I was measuring part and tools fillet my arm. But, Its just something you have to get used to. Here's a recent link about the alignment and clamping procedure with a video.

Hyundai Kia SKT 200 Turret alignment

Sounds like a check valve issue in the hydraulic valve package. The turret does have hydraulic clamp? If there isn't a check valve in the stack it may be a check in the clamp/unclamp valve. Daryl

I think this is the case. I believe the solenoid has failed so when the power is off to the control it bleeds off pressure.

Back