What's new
What's new

ID grinding help

abrown1211

Plastic
I'm looking for some advice/ help with some ID grinding that our company is doing. We seem to be having some issues with getting a good finish on our parts and would like some help to improve our process. We are currently grinding standard Tool steel with a HRC range of min 50 to max of 58. We are using CBN plated grinding pins with a grit size of B91 (from what I've been informed it is roughly 170-200 for the grit). We can range anywhere from as small a 3mm bore with a .5 inch depth all the way up to a 42mm bore with a 1.5 inch depth. We are typically never removing more than .5mm worth of material and the part does have some interrupted grind spots.

Maybe try hiring grinder hands rather than cnc programmers and equally try posting in the abrasives section???

Its been a while, but you may want to look into the screw in bonded grit wheels and get yourself a sopko heavy metal arbor. I am a little out of practice- but I typically only used CBN for roughing- heavy and fast material removal.

What sort of machine are you in?

Back