What's new
What's new

Iemca barfeeder

Nikolaiownz

Aluminum
Hello

I got an late 90 lathe with a iemca barfeeder.

I have yet to find out how to make the machine stop when the bar end is reached.

Anyone have any idea ? I read that sometimes people use blockskip but how?

I don't seem to have had any luck with it.

78c2a68633304e012ce8cb705fd67ccd.jpg
0c1f069602a854d7bd60fc785a2b7736.jpg

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Hello

I got an late 90 lathe with a iemca barfeeder.

I have yet to find out how to make the machine stop when the bar end is reached.

Anyone have any idea ? I read that sometimes people use blockskip but how?

Was the barfeeder originally hooked to the machine? If so the hardware and parameters are probably already set up.

Our Iemca uses the block skip character to control whether the end of bar has been reached and the EOB signal is sent to the controller for the sub program call. When it has, the lathe signals the barfeeder at the end of the program to initiate a bar exchange. In the main program ours looks like this:

(Main program here...)

/M98 P9800 (Barfeed sub call)

M30 (End Of Program)

If the end of bar hasn't been reached, the program will 'skip over' the M98 sub call and execute the M30. If it has, the sub program (P9800) is called with the M98

You'll need the specific M-code for your machine (ours is M81) and you'll need to check a couple of settings on the barfeeder to find out whether you're set up for front or rear remnant extraction and whether you're feeding to a fixed point (a stop on the turret) or a specific length out from the chuck so you can write your bar sub program appropriately. These are determined by the switches on the front panel.

Was the barfeeder originally hooked to the machine? If so the hardware and parameters are probably already set up.

Our Iemca uses the block skip character to control whether the end of bar has been reached and the EOB signal is sent to the controller for the sub program call. When it has, the lathe signals the barfeeder at the end of the program to initiate a bar exchange. In the main program ours looks like this:

(Main program here...)

/M98 P9800 (Barfeed sub call)

M30 (End Of Program)

If the end of bar hasn't been reached, the program will 'skip over' the M98 sub call and execute the M30. If it has, the sub program (P9800) is called with the M98

You'll need the specific M-code for your machine (ours is M81) and you'll need to check a couple of settings on the barfeeder to find out whether you're set up for front or rear remnant extraction and whether you're feeding to a fixed point (a stop on the turret) or a specific length out from the chuck so you can write your bar sub program appropriately. These are determined by the switches on the front panel.
The machine has always had this barfeeder on. But the last year I've only ran it by manual putting in bars and counting parts by looping a sub program with the program code.

I will check if I can do anything with blockskip.

I have no idea how to make the barfeeder change bar.

When the remaining bar is pushed out the new drops in and the bar feeder turns off.

Is there a m code to tell it to close and push the new bar into the machine ?

And mine just automatic feed the bar when the chuck is opened and the barfeeder is running and then when the chuck closes it stops feeding it untill next

And IT does not look like it activates block skip when the bar ends

Block Skip 2

Try using /2 for your block skip I use, /2 M98 P7001 7001 is my sub to move stop into place to push up to.

When the remaining bar is pushed out the new drops in and the bar feeder turns off.

Is there a m code to tell it to close and push the new bar into the machine ?

A bar feed begins by the TAL 65 signaling the controller that the end of bar (EOB) has been reached. The lathe controller, when the program finishes what it's doing signals the barfeeder with an M-code to begin a bar change. It sounds like this is happening but being interrupted by other circumstances.

Are you extracting the remnant out the rear of the lathe into the bar feeder or pushing it out through the collet/chuck?

The TAL 65 may be looking for the remnant to drop out of the remnant door (the flap with the yellow triangle on it). If you're not pulling the remnant back out and dropping it in the basket under the flap then the switch on the side of the flap that signals that the remnant has been successfully removed is not signaling the PLC to proceed to the next step which is to load the new bar. After a pre-determined amount has passed the PLC will shut the bar feeder down.

A bar feed begins by the TAL 65 signaling the controller that the end of bar (EOB) has been reached. The lathe controller, when the program finishes what it's doing signals the barfeeder with an M-code to begin a bar change. It sounds like this is happening but being interrupted by other circumstances.

Are you extracting the remnant out the rear of the lathe into the bar feeder or pushing it out through the collet/chuck?

The TAL 65 may be looking for the remnant to drop out of the remnant door (the flap with the yellow triangle on it). If you're not pulling the remnant back out and dropping it in the basket under the flap then the switch on the side of the flap that signals that the remnant has been successfully removed is not signaling the PLC to proceed to the next step which is to load the new bar. After a pre-determined amount has passed the PLC will shut the bar feeder down.
The remaining is being ejected from the barfeeder into the box in the middle of it.

I can get the bar feeder to put in a new stock bar and push it into the machine.

But after that it will just have the top top door open and not go back and close it.

I think it does this because it needs to push the stock of its 3 meter long into the machine so the bar pusher can be there aswell.

I hope it makes sense [emoji44]

If I put in

/2 M30

So the machine will stop after the barend is reached the machine simply just stops and it hits it.

I can get the bar feeder to put in a new stock bar and push it into the machine.

But after that it will just have the top top door open and not go back and close it.

It sounds like the "feed to" switch is out of adjustment. On the face of the dial there are two scales. The one on the right controls remnant length and the one on the left is the signal to the PLC that the "feed to" position has been reached. On the top of the dial are several holes to allow access to the adjustment screws. You want to adjust the screw on the left side (Bar Position) closest to you.

You also want to check the flag. It's a small metal flap just past the end of the channel at the right side of the bar feeder. Make sure it is opening and closing as well and the switch is working (Input #12 on the PLC). It controls a switch that sends a signal to the PLC to begin counting position of the beginning of the bar. It's how you can load several different lengths of bars into the bar feeder and the mechanism can account for the varying lengths.

I was wondering what bar position was for.
I will try and adjust it tomorrow. I still don't know how to get the block skip to work.

The only communication I can get to work is the bar puller pushes the stock and I open the chuck.

You know why when it pumps oil into the barfeeder it overflows and runs out between the lathe and barfeeder ?

Been trying to locate why it does it. It seems to run fine into the return line. It started doing this one day.

You know why when it pumps oil into the barfeeder it overflows and runs out between the lathe and barfeeder ?

Go around the back of the bar feeder and look underneath about a meter down from the front. You should see a small red handle on the oil line that leads to the snout. That valve controls the amount of oil that gets pumped up to the snout. If it's getting too much it'll run out the front of the snout. Close it enough that the oil stops leaking out the front.

Go around the back of the bar feeder and look underneath about a meter down from the front. You should see a small red handle on the oil line that leads to the snout. That valve controls the amount of oil that gets pumped up to the snout. If it's getting too much it'll run out the front of the snout. Close it enough that the oil stops leaking out the front.
Last tine I tryed that I I had problems with a breaker turning the barfeeder off. I suspected the hydraulic motor overheated. I will try and mess around with it tomorrow again.

I think there is 2 levers on mine beneath the barfeeder. One I mid and one that goes to the front.

can you post your sub program ?

Sendt fra min eml-l29 med tapatalk

n10t101(part stop)
g98
g0z2.5
x0
g1z.5f60.
M69
g4u4.
M51
m68
g4u2.
G0w1.
G28u0v0
m1
n20t606(cutoff)
m8
g99
g50s2500
g96s450m4
g0z.075y0
x2.5
g1x-.04f.004
w.02
g28u0v0m5
g0z2.m9
g99
m1
m99p100
%

n10t101(part stop)
g98
g0z2.5
x0
g1z.5f60.
M69
g4u4.
M51
m68
g4u2.
G0w1.
G28u0v0
m1
n20t606(cutoff)
m8
g99
g50s2500
g96s450m4
g0z.075y0
x2.5
g1x-.04f.004
w.02
g28u0v0m5
g0z2.m9
g99
m1
m99p100
%
I am guessing the m51 is your bar push ? Mine does that automatically when the chuck is opened.

Yes the M51 is the bar push, I am not a fan of push when the chuck opens up to many experienced operators step on the peddle and here it comes.

You'll want to adjust the one that goes to the front.
So I think I sorted out the oil problem. I think I had some shit blocking one of the oil return channels. It seems to be running and not spilling oil out between the barfeeder and lathe.

I still haven't figured out how to program the bar changes. The block skip dosent seem to work.

I still haven't figured out how to program the bar changes. The block skip dosent seem to work.

Has the bar feeder ever worked? If it was just planted next to the machine there are a few things you need to check. Is it wired in correctly? Has your bar feed parameter in the lathe been set to recognize an Imeca bar feeder?

Back