Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

like aj said check the wiring.

alot of lathes came with a bar feed signal that would just put the machine in to feed hold mode. Some early 90's machine had the wiring for the automatic barfeeds NOT all. and a few of them had the m code functions to support m codes from barfeeds.

having said that I believe Iemca had a work around((for machines not equipped with m codes) with some switchs or there set-up prgramming. I dont remember exactly as it was in 1990 we tried to get a imeca barfeed to work with a hitech 20sII and had top settle for the feed hold style mode. 2 years later the hitech 20sIII came out and the Imeca worked fine on a demo machine. we ended up going a to a autobar 400 for space, your machine may not support those m codes

so I would get ahold of Imeca get a schematic and ask them for the hook up procedures. also ask your machine builder for the option or the code and a schematic then make sure you lathe has the necc wiring spots for it.

also to see if your machine is equipped right options as the could have just used it as a single bar with end of bar signal, then manually loaded each bar after that.

our autobar 400 was a pain in the ass to get working on a supermax lathe once we got a schemaic got the lathe it worked perfectly, however we didnt uses special m codes because the supermax didnt have them (autobar had a work around).

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    Has the bar feeder ever worked? If it was just planted next to the machine there are a few things you need to check. Is it wired in correctly? Has your bar feed parameter in the lathe been set to recognize an Imeca bar feeder?
    Well it does have a big connector but how it's wired I don't know. I might be able to see if there is any noted in the manuals Sunday when I get in the shop.

As far as I know this machine always had this barfeeder connected so you would think it's correct plugged in but who knows.

Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    like aj said check the wiring.

alot of lathes came with a bar feed signal that would just put the machine in to feed hold mode. Some early 90's machine had the wiring for the automatic barfeeds NOT all. and a few of them had the m code functions to support m codes from barfeeds.

having said that I believe Iemca had a work around((for machines not equipped with m codes) with some switchs or there set-up prgramming. I dont remember exactly as it was in 1990 we tried to get a imeca barfeed to work with a hitech 20sII and had top settle for the feed hold style mode. 2 years later the hitech 20sIII came out and the Imeca worked fine on a demo machine. we ended up going a to a autobar 400 for space, your machine may not support those m codes

so I would get ahold of Imeca get a schematic and ask them for the hook up procedures. also ask your machine builder for the option or the code and a schematic then make sure you lathe has the necc wiring spots for it.

also to see if your machine is equipped right options as the could have just used it as a single bar with end of bar signal, then manually loaded each bar after that.

our autobar 400 was a pain in the ass to get working on a supermax lathe once we got a schemaic got the lathe it worked perfectly, however we didnt uses special m codes because the supermax didnt have them (autobar had a work around).
    I don't know who the machine builder is and Hitachi Seiki dosent excist anymore.

One would think putting a magazine barfeeder to a machine without wireing it up to use it proper would be silly but it would not be the first time I've seen silly stuff line that.

It got a big connector into the machine. It would be weird if only one signal wound run thrug that big ass plug haha.

I will be looking into the schematics Sunday and get back to you. Maybe you can make some sense in it.

Thanks for replys

My lathe is from 1999 so it's not to old I think

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaiownz View Post
    I don't know who the machine builder is and Hitachi Seiki dosent excist anymore.

One would think putting a magazine barfeeder to a machine without wireing it up to use it proper would be silly but it would not be the first time I've seen silly stuff line that.

It got a big connector into the machine. It would be weird if only one signal wound run thrug that big ass plug haha.

I will be looking into the schematics Sunday and get back to you. Maybe you can make some sense in it.

Thanks for replys

My lathe is from 1999 so it's not to old I think

its not silly as here is why. think of it as a 4th axis on a mill, you cant take a fadal 4th and put it on a hass with out changing some stuff. or vice versa.

a bar feed is an attachment to a lathe just like a 4th is to a mill, there were many of different manufacturers all with something different.
    basic ones just had a end of bar signal like terry bar,Miyanos, lns single tubes etc etc the automatics had all kinds of stuff. some used end of bar signal and did all the other stuff internally with that signal, some got with lathe manufacturers and used some of there m codes , others just used extra m codes and added relays. basically there was NO standard set on what m codes to use and how many and for what. or how the wiring should be done etc etc...

your machine being a 1999 is pretty much during the automatic bar feed craze when they got super popular and popping up from many different manufacturers. Iemca hands down the best barfeed ever made and had awsum support.

What is the manufacturer of your machine?

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    its not silly as here is why. think of it as a 4th axis on a mill, you cant take a fadal 4th and put it on a hass with out changing some stuff. or vice versa.

a bar feed is an attachment to a lathe just like a 4th is to a mill, there were many of different manufacturers all with something different.
    basic ones just had a end of bar signal like terry bar,Miyanos, lns single tubes etc etc the automatics had all kinds of stuff. some used end of bar signal and did all the other stuff internally with that signal, some got with lathe manufacturers and used some of there m codes , others just used extra m codes and added relays. basically there was NO standard set on what m codes to use and how many and for what. or how the wiring should be done etc etc...

your machine being a 1999 is pretty much during the automatic bar feed craze when they got super popular and popping up from many different manufacturers. Iemca hands down the best barfeed ever made and had awsum support.

What is the manufacturer of your machine?
    The lathe is a Hitachi Seiki ts15